So Bryan went to Hawaii. Lucky. Well he did have to go for a medical conference so it wasn't ALL lucky but then again he was in beautiful Hawaii.
I was lucky too though because my mom and brother/wife/baby came to stay with me.
When Bryan came home he came home bearing gifts. The girls were loving it.Don't you love those little coconuts? They were dancing all over the place.
Upside: watching Audrey try to shake her hips. Hilarious.
Downside: cleaning up the shedding grass.After Bryan's all expense trip to Hawaii he decided the next weekend he would take an all expense trip to the Notre Dame Utah game. You know. Why not?
Lucky.
But I was lucky too because I got to hang out with my awesome friend Ann (how could she not be awesome with a name like that!?). She even let me drive her new van and was willing to eat Little Caesers with me. I love those friends that there is never an awkward pause. Ann is awkward pauseless. Plus she has cute kids, bonus!
The girls had a play date with their favorite Taylee. Her age is squished between the two of them and my goodness they adore her.Audrey got invited to a birthday party. "Julia you stay home with Daddy and I go to the party." You can imagine how well that went over. Let's just say there was some serious wailing and gnashing of teeth. It was a big deal to Audrey though to have a party just for her.
Look at these party favors she came home with. It was a Rupunzel party.Have you ever seen a cuter hat in your entire life? This mom is the most creative person I know.
Now for the big news of the night.
Julia lost her first tooth! What in the heck! I am still in shock.
So there we were brushing her teeth. I decided I would check to see how loose her loose tooth had become and it was VERY loose. I told her to go and show her dad. Dad being the patient man he is wrapped some floss around it and popped that sucker right out. I am going to be honest. Julia and I were not prepared for this. She didn't cry when he popped it out but the aftermath was rather traumatic. Julia was crying and worried about the blood. I told her to come and show me her new smile which made me misty eyed because it made her look so old. Julia started running around, trying to find a mirror, horrified that a piece of her had been yanked out. Thankfully, things did settle down. We brought up the tooth fairy which was at first a concern. Julia wasn't sure it was a good idea not to keep this little, tiny, perfect tooth. But when money was mentioned you can imagine what she eventually decided on.
Look at the million dollar smile...can you believe this!? Obviously I cannot.Here she is holding the tooth. At this point the shock and concern had worn off into excitement at being an official big kid. She told me she is going to buy lots and lots of presents with the tooth fairy cash. I told her not to hold her breath. The Toothfairy isn't that rich.
In other very big news Bryan's sister Amanda had her second baby Eileen Marie. We are so happy for you Amanda and Ryan and Alli! She's adorable.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




7 comments:
The girls are so adorable in their hula outfits1! I can only imagine how cute Audrey would be shaking her little hips, and I am super glad Bryan came bearing gifts when he came back since he was lucky enough to go! Seriously Julia is getting so big, I can't stand it-she definitely does look so grown up with her toothless grin! But she is so stinkin' cute all excited! Thanks for all the support this weekend, seeing your cute girls makes me all that much more excited about having two girls!
We won't let our SWEET Julia grow up! She looks awfully cute though!! Hopefully the tooth fairy pulled through! Audrey.. love the Rupunzel look! Wish you girls could come play! Love and miss you like crazy!
Ahhhh!! Julia needs to stay the same age! We can't believe she is getting that old. The pic we loved the most was when Audrey is showing her hat, and in the background you can see Julia giving her the jealous eye. We miss you guys tons!!
No way! Julia, you are a stud. Mail me the tooth Annie. I will do something amazing with it for you.
how about an expensive weekend in vegas, to make up for the all expense paid to hawaii and notre dame.:) love their hula outfits.
I can't believe Julia has lost a tooth already--wow!! And I feel like my kids are still just finally getting theirs! That Bryan is one lucky guy--I could go for a 'work' trip to Hawaii:). Glad you had fun family to keep you busy while he was away.
Post a Comment