This year for Thanksgiving we drove out to Shepherdstown, WV to visit Bryan's dad and his family. The drive was so pretty and the food was yummy. On Friday they took us out to the Boyd's Bear factory in Gettysburg. It was a child's paradise. The kids even got to visit Santa.
After the visit with Santa they were sent down a slide (can you just picture that Santa pushing little Ralphie with his foot, Ho HO HO!) Luckily this was an optional slide and not a kid screaming all the way down slide. Don't let Audrey's smile and ornament fool you. She would have nothing to do with the old man. I have thought it a little bit funny to make them sit on some strange old guy's lap. I don't blame them for the hesitation. Julia braved up this year and stepped up to the plate. She wants to make sure she gets what she wants for Christmas.This place was decked out for Christmas and was filled with more bears than you can imagine.
The highlight for my girls was the free carriage ride.Grandpa treated us to lunch. (thanks again!)
We then took a drive out to Gettysburg to see the battle field. Bryan's dad knows quite a bit about it all and gave us a little tour. It's humbling to consider the sacrifices and loss of life that went on at this place. Just so hard to believe. Makes you so grateful for what we are so blessed to have today. Isn't that blue sky beautiful?
Here we are at the top of the observation tower.
Grandpa has a couple of little dogs. It took the girls a little while but as you can see they finally warmed up to them. Julia particularly enjoyed T.C.
They had the best time playing with Caleb. He is such a fun little boy. Thanks again Monte and Sue (and Sue's mom too!) for being such wonderful hosts.Now we are headed into this season...
I am a sucker for the Christmas dresses and couldn't resist these ones. And when Julia wanted to wear it on Sunday I decided the Christmas dress should be enjoyed all of December (or November) and through the rest of winter...and maybe next year too if we're lucky...
Covey Seely
6 years ago




11 comments:
Okay totally LOVE the Christmas dresses-so cute! I think wearing them early to enjoy them longer is a fabulous idea! Your tree looks beautiful and seriously Julia's and Audrey's hair in that picture is amazing-I need a tutorial :). Glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving!
cute girlies and tree swirly things and blah blah blah. WHERE IS THAT YELLOW SWEATER FROM? i love it.
looks like you guys had a great time on your adventure. have fun visiting family as well. call us when you get back.
ps-they look adorable in those dresses. good work
Sweet! Love those little girls and they look ADORABLE!
Looks like a great thanksgiving. Thanks once again for helping Adam out...he was so sick.
Well maybe I zoomed in on that last picture. And maybe I stared at it a little while. And thought to myself that I miss those kids!!!
I'm so impressed with your prompt Christmas decorations! You and your mom are so good about that!!!
looks like you guys had a lot of fun. i would have LOVED to have seen the kids go down that slide. (though i would have wanted to go too and that would have just been scary.:) )
I LOVE THE BOYD'S BEAR CABIN/house/whatever it is!!!
I loved the 32 1/4 mph signs leading up to it and could have stayed there for days!
So glad you guys had a great time--such cute dresses on those beautiful girls!
I'm super jealous of the beautiful Christmas dresses. Tell Audrey that Emerson missed her two weeks in a row at play group. He was so confused when she wasn't there! And we missed you at aerobics.
P.S. When we went to Gettysburg my knees were shaking as I climbed to the top of those observation towers. They are freaky.
I'm glad you had a good time! We missed you greatly! Your girls look so beautiful in their Christmas dresses.
Post a Comment