Thursday, June 25, 2015

More April

So we had some problems with the pool this winter.  The water was just leaking and leaking.  So in order to get it operational we had to have someone come and fix the leak (thankfully no new lining!) and then fill the pool.  It looked so disgusting.  I never thought they would get that clean.  But as you will see in posts to come it is perfectly clean and operational now.  I am in awe.  It was as green as green.
 Bryan and I watched a movie downstairs one night and I just took pictures of Grace.  I think I probably was only able to watch 1/3 of the movie anyways.  New babies kind of ruin those kind of activities.
 Her hair just keeps growing and growing.  I thought it would fall out like Lily's but I was wrong.  She has tons and just keeps getting more.
 We recently had Stake Conference at the tabernacle right by the temple downtown.  I always feel so fortunate that wherever we have lived it has always been near a temple.  This new renovation of the Ogden Temple is so incredible.  It is a beautiful building and I love having my family near it.  It is a piece of heaven on earth.
 Audrey is finishing up her dance class that she has just loved.  It is creative dance and I have never seen her so happy with a class before.  I love how the teacher encourages them to express their own individual movement and what they came up with for the recital was so joyful and beautiful.  It is the best recital dance she has ever had.  We got to get a preview of it for parents night and she did such an amazing job.
I am the Activity Days leader in our ward and that means I plan fun activities for the girls age 8-11.  I have really enjoyed this calling because Julia is involved and it's fun to be with her and her friends.  Of course Audrey gets to participate as well.  We made these adorable headbands because the girls wanted to sew.  I like callings that stretch my creativity a little bit because it is not a natural thing for me.  Luckily a friend helped a lot with the sewing and each girl was able to leave with something they could actually use and wear.

 See this hair!  I never want to forget the adorable way it moves and the little curly mowhawk.  I think eventually she is going to be pretty blonde.

Julia had another big project at school.  It was "mini-society" and she was required to come up with a good to sell and see what kind of profit she could make.  She came up with the idea, made the poster, went to the dollar store and did it all on her own.  I soon discovered that the budget they suggested was not followed very strictly by other parents of children and they had some pretty extravagant things to sell.  I was a little nervous for Julia.  She had bought all kind of art supplies, pencils, erasers, notebooks, colored pencils, etc.  At first the selling was really slow and I thought she wasn't going to sell very much.  Thankfully things really picked up and by the time both days were done she was pretty much sold out.  I think we came home with just a few erasers and pencils.  It was a really positive experience overall and she loved doing it.
 The Orange Crushers were at it again as soccer picked back up.  It was a tricky season because I had Grace, Bryan was on call for a couple of the games and we had so much rain that a couple of the games were just so soggy.  So it wasn't as successful as her fall season but she still had a great time and really enjoys playing.  We loved her coach and her teammates.
 She's the cutest little Orange Crusher there is.


0 comments: