Bryan's birthday kicked off spring break. Unfortunately the night before he got killed with work but thankfully he got enough rest for us to celebrate a little bit. I was worried we weren't going to be able to make it happen but thankfully my parents came up and we hit our favorite birthday restaurant. We all splurged and got some expensive and delicious meals. Julia and Bryan love the steak. She is definitely her father's daughter.
I don't think Bryan even realizes how adored he is. We all worry and think about him all day and won't leave him alone from the second he gets home. He is going to be very well taken care of that's for sure. I just love Audrey's face in this picture. Pretty much sums up how much we love this guy.
The next day we headed on a little vacation. It was so needed. I feel like Bryan as he is building a practice doesn't take enough days off so this was a breathe of fresh air. We had him all to ourselves and loved it. Grace was still teeny at this point so I let the kids swim with Bryan while I sat with the baby. I would actually walk laps around the hotel while they swam and I could watch them through the windows. I think that the big highlight of the trip was the swimming. The girls would beg and beg every day to go.
Then again, I must admit that their very VERY favorite thing was Snow Canyon. They could have hiked for hours. I regretted not packing in a lunch because we could have stayed much longer.
I love the way the rock formations are so kid friendly. Even Lily was able to hike around without a problem.
Though she did have to be carried every once in a while.
It had been rainy in this dry part of the country so we found a couple of little ponds here and there.
Oh man they loved it so much. They often beg to go back.
I did quite a bit of sitting in the car with this precious babe. I was worried about traveling with her being so little but was pleasantly surprised at how smooth it all went. She loved the baby carrier so I was able to hike a lot, she was super in her car seat and just slept most of the time and she still slept pretty good at night so I wasn't totally exhausted. I had nightmares of her screaming the entire time we were driving but it just didn't happen. I was so thankful for that little tender mercy on our much needed vacation.
Bryan's mom came and joined us on our second day there and we were so happy to have her. We had heard of a gypsum mine that we just had to check out so we set out to see if we could find it. Unfortunately the directions weren't great and we got a little lost. We ended up at the dinosaur tracks, and thankfully they were pretty awesome so our detour wasn't a total bust.
I didn't think we would actually be able to see the tracks but we did! They were easy to see and it was amazing to think that they walked there all those many many years ago.
Grandma was so great with all of the girls. They adore her so much and it was so fun having her there. She stayed with Lily the entire time because she was so upset the sand was getting in he sandals. She is the epitome of patience.
We distracted Lily from the sand in her shoes by having her do awesome poses on the sand less rocks.
Thankfully because of Bryan's smarts he was able to guide us to the gypsum mines. This was a highlight for the girls. The rocks seriously looked like clear glass.
It was all piled up and there was tons to gather and enjoy. I was really glad we were able to find it.
Once again I hung out with this little beauty for a lot of the time. I really wouldn't have had it any other way.
We took a drive by my Grandpa's old apartment there in Saint George. I have so many memories of this place. It was a tiny little apartment but my sister and I would usually sleep on his couch to keep him company when we would visit. I loved doing all the things we did with my girls and I'm so glad I could make these memories for them. I miss my Grandpa so much and it was great to come back to the place I loved spending time with him.
Gracie in the hotel just looking as cute as can be. She was just as good on the drive home as well. I feel so incredibly blessed to have had such a good baby. I was really nervous it could have been different and with moving, the craziness of life, Bryan's busy and hectic job and all the other things we have to do I am just so thankful she has been good. So so thankful. I feel like this was something I really needed and I feel blessed every day for her. She has brought peace and happiness into our home and our lives.

















0 comments:
Post a Comment