Apparently Sara tagged me and these are the rules:
Each player list 6 facts or habits about themselves. At the end of their tag the player then tags 6 others, list their names, then goes to their blog and leaves a comment letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I was born in Evanston, Wyoming. I lived in the same house for 18 years before I went to college. Evanston, WY is generally famous for fireworks and booze, but it was actually a good place to grow up. I was unique to Evanston because I did not own a horse, live on a ranch, or ever own a pair of Wranglers. In fact, I think I've only been to two rodeos my entire life. Wyoming is the least populated state so a 2 hour drive through empty plains is required to get to the next large city. There are more people living in Columbus, OH than the entire state of Wyoming. I love Wyoming and I'm very proud to call it my home state.
2. After my senior year of high school I had major jaw surgury. They cut off my top jaw and cut out a wedge of bone, cut off the tip of my chin and pushed it out further and pulled my wisdom teeth. After the surgery my nose was on the right side of my face and my upper lip was swollen to the left of my face. When my brother Eric saw me after the surgery he kindly quoted, "I am not an animal, I am a human being!" I couldn't eat solids for two months and my mom would try to make me drink Ensure and to this day the thought of Ensure makes me wretch. I guess the good side is I lost a ton of weight but I had to start my freshman year of college with braces. I had a roomate from Albania that would bring her friends to come and stare at me because I looked like I was fifteen. There's really nothing more awesome than a girl and her friends mocking you in another language. I survived it though and that roomate from Albania actually became a really close friend. If you ever want to see some awesome scars on the inside of my mouth let me know.
3. I was dating Bryan's best friend from high school when Bryan and I went on our first date. We had to date in secret. I went to BYU Homecoming with his friend on a Friday and then to a haunted house with Bryan on a Saturday. Obviously, Bryan was the man of my choice and it was a bit akward when Bryan had to tell his friend that he was pretty serious about me and that he was going to continue dating me. His friend is happily married now and he and Bryan are still good friends, but it makes for a good story.
4. I am not good at sports. I wish that I could say I had a hidden talent in basketball or I was a killer volleyball player but quite the contrary. I was on a date in college and they were playing volleyball and I dislocated my pinky. I thought for sure it was broken and my date had his orthodontist father pop it back into place. When I was younger I was in Junior Jazz basketball. Our team set the awesome record of losing every single game. I had the personal record of never scoring a point. My only claim to fame was I finally got the ball and attempted a shot at the opponent's basket. I do think this story would be better if I actually made the shot at the opponent's basket but alas I did not. So when it comes time for Stake Basketball I am not going to be your best bet.
5. I used to hate, hate, hate tomatoes. The thought of them made me sick. But after I got pregnant and had Julia I love them now. I still can't eat them alone, but I really enjoy them on other foods.
6. I am addicted to Vick's Vapor Rub. I cannot sleep as well unless I rub it on my nose. I think it's a family thing, but I love the smell. I also have to put Hydrocortizone ointment on my eyes before I go to bed because I get eczema on my eyelids. So before I go to bed I am completely greased. I must say that this is not Bryan's favorite habit. He thinks Vicks stinks and I look like a greasy nasty before bed, but this is a habit I CANNOT break.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




11 comments:
Annie,
Wow, all these things I never knew about you! How you endured that surgery I have no idea! I was particularly proud of the fact that you too have to put hydrocortizone cream on your face. I feel your pain! Very fun post, I really enjoyed reading it!
So before we moved to Ohio I seriously had the dryest skin I think anyone could ever have! My face and hands were the worst! I used to use a thick cream but thanks to muggy Ohio I don't have to paste that thick greasy cream on my face anymore. I can now use a normal moisterizer and be just fine. That's the only part I like about Ohio's humidity. I still do however sleep w/bag balm(for cows utters-random I know but it works great)w/socks over my hands and feet occasionally. I would love to see the scars in your mouth! Some of my favorite patients at work are the surgery cases. It's so awesome to see the end results! You should post some before and after pictures!
J.R. says to post a picture of you greased up on here. Thanks for the laughs.
wow! you are one amazing girl..i completely relate with the town you grew up in..and i couldn't but hold my mouth in horror as i read about your surgery! ouch!
yeah either a picture of you greased up or a picture from post-surgery. That sounded pain-FUL! Your movie quote was "Miracle on 34th Street" was it not?
Those were a lot more exciting than my 6 facts. Don't worry Annie, my eyelids get really really dry too.
I need some Vicks right now. Consider trying bag balm if you get really dry, a lesser-known remedy that works wonders.
I enjoyed reading your tag, and I guess that I got tagged too. So I better start thinking! I also wanted to comment on your great family photos! I love them. I sure do miss you guys! The girls don't stop talking about Julia. Come visit us soon!
Hey Annie,
How did you get your photos from simply life to go on your blog?
YOu gotta love WY :)
You definitely came close to wearing Wranglers with those "hard" jeans you wore your junior year.
Oh and by the way, we were on the same t-ball team and if I'm not mistaken, we were pretty darn good.
Post a Comment