Thursday, November 29, 2007

So we put up our Christmas tree over the weekend and now it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at our house. We are leaving on Tuesday and coming home Christmas Eve so we wanted to have everything up and ready so when we come back we can enjoy it Christmas morning. Our tree was a twenty dollar tree my mom bought probably twenty years ago, so needless to say it's not the fanciest, but it does decorate up nice.
This is my new addition to Christmas this year. I bought the reindeer at Kirkland's Homes (if you haven't been there you should) and I loved them so I had to have them. I figure two reindeer isn't a huge splurge so I feel justified.
This picture has a funny story to it as I'm sure you're wondering why I took a picture of Julia's ponies and farm animals. If you look closely you can see that there is a nativity scene behind the ponies large pink and yellow hair. Julia is obsessed with it and it is just a little cheap nativity so it is one of the one things I let her play with. She decided that all of the farm animals and ponies needed to see baby Jesus as well. She was talking to the ponies saying, "see the baby Jesus, so cute, give kisses." It cracked us up so we had to take a picture. When we took the picture Julia stood and directed, "Okay you guys say cheese!" I am glad the purple pony and little farm girl didn't get to miss out on the Savior's birth. We're just thrilled Julia is interested in baby Jesus and not just Santa.
This is Julia's new dress. We got her ready for Sunday and she was VERY excited about the pretty poofy dress she got to wear, so we took a picture by the tree. It was the easiest photo session I've ever had. She thought she looked very pretty and so she was posing all over the place. This is one of her bigger cheeses.
My funny girl-she certainly keeps life interesting and fun. We are going to have such a fun Christmas with her this year.

3 comments:

kiki comin said...

i love those reindeer! and i love that the ponies were in on the nativity..:)

Noelle said...

What an adorable dress! I can't wait to have little girls so they can wear those beautiful holiday "poofy" dresses!

Unknown said...

Oh boy. I sure do love Kirkland's Home as well. It has made me a happy woman several times. Your tree is awesome and little Julia is beautiful as can be!