We have been spending the last week or so in Evanston, Wyoming with my family. Bryan actually has had interviews and so we have been taking care of that. He interviewed in Phoenix and I actually got to go with him. We stayed for four days while my parents watched Julia. I haven't left Julia for more than four hours-so needless to say I was a little worried about how she would do. Well as you can see by the pictures she had the time of her life. She didn't even ask for us once. Nana and Papa have a new greatest fan. They spoiled her rotten, and even went out in the freezing cold to build her a snowman because she wanted to so badly. My mom found all of our old toys and bought her some ponies and Julia was as happy as can be.
This is Julia with Papa-her new favorite person. There is so much snow here and she loved it, except for when the snow got on her mittens. They had a difficult time getting her to come inside despite how freezing it was.
It was so cold that the snow was pure powder. My dad had to make the snowman with a shovel. Julia was fascinated with the carrot nose. Even after we have come home she still has Papa take her to the window so they can look at their snowman. I am SOOOO glad they had such a good time. When we live so far away you forget how nice it is that your child remembers that there are people that love her so much and that she can have so much fun with them. The night after we came home I actually think my dad was kind of sad that I put her to bed and he didn't get to. My mom said that she would run and play and occassionally run and give her big hugs. So sweet-she had the time of her life.
Julia's three favorite people-her cousins. They ran all over the house in the Santa hats and I'm sure it was Julia that initiated the wild running, but she loved it. I must say that getting away to Phoenix was so great and knowing Julia was having so much fun made it even better. I have pictures of our great trip, but they are on my camera and I will have to post them later. I haven't been to Evanston for Christmas time for four years, and so it has been so much fun to share this time with our family.
Covey Seely
6 years ago





5 comments:
Ya ya, glad you're enjoying your family and all that. Time to plaaaaaaay!
I am glad that everything went well with Julia and that you guys were finally able to get away--your first semi-honeymoon! Enjoy your time there with family.
I'm so proud of you for blogging while away! And SO jealous of that trip to Phoenix...fun fun. We'll have to solidify our Christmas plans soon!
I want to hear about your time in Phoenix!! Pictures too!
So glad your family got a chance to really get to know Julia and you got a chance to get away! Yeah!
Post a Comment