Saturday, December 29, 2007

Santa Was Here!

Julia and her many presents. I thought she might go a little more crazy, but she was anxious about the stocking and the Dora electric toothbrush that was inside. It took me a little bit to get her to start opening her presents, and when she did it took nearly an hour to get them all opened. She wanted to open and play with everything she received. It did make it funner for her to really enjoy each present. She was very excited about everything.
This is Julia's first Barbie doll. It even came with a crown that looks quite fetching. Julia was far more fascinated with the shoes. I suppose they are awesome shoes.
The purse, oh the purse. I don't think Santa could have found something she would love more. It has been emptied and refilled probably four hundred and twenty three times since she recieved it. It includes a phone, keys, makeup, sunglasses-seriously what more could a little girl ask for. She would get all dolled up and find a necklace and say, "See ya, I'm going to the store for groceries." But of course not before she applied the fake lipstick it came with.
Julia is baking cookies with her Dora apron. I just wish she could figure out pretend eating. She just slobbers all over fake food and I don't know how to get her to "pretend" to eat the food. I'm sure she delights others when she's at their house slobbering all over their fake food. And behind Julia you can see her favorite gift of all. The beloved doll house. I praise Preschool for their ingenius design to make a doll house that can fit all kinds of dolls. I also praise them for including things like a fake toilet and kitchen with a fridge that opens and closes. But most of all I praise them for including a front door that opens and closes-I tell you that part alone occupies her for atleast a good ten minutes. Christmas was so great this year and I don't think you ever appreciate Christmas enough until you have a child of your own to share it with. I have LOVED watching her play these past few days and watching her pretend and imagine. Santa is always welcome at our home.

1 comments:

Cara said...

That is so cute that she gets all dolled up to go to the grocery store! Who knew that the grocery store is the place to be?