Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Trip to Phoenix

My parents gave us the best Christmas present ever by watching Julia for a few days so we could go to Phoenix together for Bryan's interview. We had such a great time and the weather was absolutely beautiful. We hardly needed even a jacket the entire time. this picture is Bryan outside of the Scottsdale Fashion mall. The sunset was so pretty and it was great to see the palm trees with Christmas lights. We did a lot of walking and hiking to enjoy the weather. I must say it was a little weird being away from Julia and I think my mom got sick of me calling to see if she was behaving herself, but it was great for Bryan and I to get away and we enjoyed every minute of it.
This is on top of Squaw (no longer Squaw but something we cannot pronounce) Peak. It was a great hike and the view from the top was amazing. You can see Camelback behind me.
This is crazy Bryan on top of some rock that I wouldn't climb up because I'm a chicken. I actually needed to be there to take pictures-otherwise it wouldn't have been nearly as cool. We were at Papago park and they had these random rocks to climb within the trails. It was so pretty.
More crazy Bryan. He mocks me because I can go up just fine but when I come down mountains I suddenly turn into an 80 year old lady and take these little steps or end up sliding down on my bum. Bryan was very patient though, and hid the laughter as much as he could. He did encourage me to take bigger steps.
This is once again at Papago Park. Bryan finally talked me into climbing one of the big rocks and I must say I didn't regret it at all. It was right as the sun was setting and the desert sunsets are so beautiful. It was nice to sit and enjoy the quiet instead of having to deal with an active two year old. Thank you SO much mom and dad for watching Julia and giving her the time of her life. She didn't even ask for me or Bryan once because she had so much fun. It made our trip so much better to know we didn't have to stress at all about Julia.

1 comments:

Katherine said...

Ahh, Phoenix weather in December, can't beat it! Congrats on the new little one!