Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Years

Well even though it is a week past, it was pretty uneventful so I haven't posted anything unless the thought of eating nachos and playing Connect Four until midnight thrills you, and I know that you are on the edge of your seat even as you are reading this. After three weeks of traveling and traveling it was nice to have a quiet night home. New Years Eve consisted of nachos, which are Bryan's favorite food (easy for me!) Julia enjoyed the nachos as well, or actually the chips and olives which is pretty much all she ate.
After we put Julia to bed we bored ourselves to tears with about ten minutes of the New Years Eve programming on television. I don't even know half of the bands that performed nor was I interested in most of the lame music. So then we whipped out the games. Connect Four lasted for about an hour before Bryan got too frustrated because I was winning. So we moved on to Scrabble which is an intense game. I think we finally gave up halfway through because no one was going to win with words like "big", "nap" or "fat". Yeah we rock that game. So then I decided to jump start my New Years Resolution by emptying out all of my kitchen cupboards and reorganizing. I did rush over at midnight to swap a kiss with my hubby and then we went to bed. I really am lucky to have such a great husband and I wouldn't want to ring in the New Year with anyone else-even if it was a quiet night at home playing Connect Four-which I am totally a rock star at.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Good job with the Connect Four skills. I love that game. Scrabble on the other hand....I'd have to play speed scrabble to keep me interested. Now I'm in the mood for some nachos!!!

Heather said...

Great post! I laughed aloud at your comic writing style. I remember Connect Four with fond memories from my childhood. Have to keep my eyes open for one at the upcoming garage sales.