Tuesday, January 22, 2008

HALLELUJAH!!!

The face says it all. After a week of pure torture, fighting, stress and messes we got it! Julia is officially three days accident free and filled up the potty chart we made. Her favorite thing was to put a sticker on her chart each time she made it to the potty and as you can see she made it quite a bit. It has actually been about six days that she's done really well but I have been so afraid to jinx it so I didn't post it until now. She finally filled up her chart today and was so excited about it, though I don't think she was nearly as excited as her mother. Woah, I think potty training is one of the very toughest jobs of a parent because you have absolutely no control and so frustrating because I can only clean up pee and poo off the carpet so many times. But to see her accomplish this and be so proud of herself is worth it, and in four months when I have a whole new set of diapers to change I will be so glad. So here's to Julia! I tell you what I think that the Hallelujah chorus should start right about now that's how happy we are!

When she filled her chart up she got a big present. It is actually a five dollar clearance item we got at Target but she doesn't know the difference. She seriously played with it for an hour tonight. She totally deserved it!


This is our hilarious video of Julia's continued struggle with potty training. Sometimes we have a struggle getting our pants on the right way and get both legs stuck in one pant leg. She handled the situation very calmly as you can see. It has been a stressful week for Julia. She cracks us up.

12 comments:

Nicole said...

YaY!!! Congrats...I think it is just as big of an accomplishment for the parents...although what you do is a little different than what she did..you have to work just as hard!!! :) That is awesome, and congrats on a new little one too. I was so excited to see your countdown. I must have been bad at blog reading because this is the first day I saw it!!! Have you guys found out what you're having??? (I didn't scroll through all your latest posts to see...) Julia is such a doll and you look great!! Tell Phil & Noelle Hi for us! (Jeff was Phil's roommate at BYU... FYI)
Have a great day! Hopefully carpet clean!
Love ya
Nicole

kiki comin said...

i hate when i get both legs stuck in one of my pant legs...it's so hard to do anything..totally feeling her pain!:) congrats...i really agree with you, i thought there has been nothing worse yet, than potty training! i think YOU deserve a $5 big toy from target!:)

alliehoopes said...

Yay!! Yesterday I let Lily wear her jeans backwards for most of the day because she did it all herself and I didn't want to undo that.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

It does look like a very proud potty trained girl--way to go Annie--you survived!

emilyy said...

Congrats!!!!! Hopefully I don't jinx us either but Ethan has also had three accident free days. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I agree, it's very frustrating.

candice said...

I heard you had to use up 3 bottles of carpet cleaner. You are a good woman. Changing diapers is tiring enough for me. Congrats to Julia and hopefully she can keep it up.

The Teeples said...

Congrats Annie!
It is a huge accomplishment but man you did it a lot faster than we did. So Kudos to you girl!!

Brian Adair Fam said...

YEAH!!!! I'm so glad that Julia has figured it all out and that you are sane after it all! :0) I remember just being grateful for wood floors when we were potty-training Paige! :0) It is so wonderful only having to change one kid's diapers! Congrats! By the way, Julia is way too cute!!

Monica said...

That is great, Annie! I'm just waiting for the day we reach that with Aiden. Thanks again for watching him last night. We so appreciated you doing that last minute!!! He had a fun playing with Julia.

Sarah Walton said...

Oh, that's always soooo nice when that milestone is reached! That was the one thing about parenthood that I was dreading . . . but once it's over, you're so glad you did it! Anyways, congrats!

The Christensens said...

kelly she looks fune

The Atwood's said...

Congratulations!!!!! Seriously, that is a great feat to accomplish! She is so funny with those pants. What a cute girl.