Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Things Going On This Week

I signed Julia up for her first organized class. She is in Sporties for Shorties with her friend Hannah. They introduce a new sport each week and this first time it was track and field. They basically get out lots of sport equipment and let the kids go nuts. My favorite was the hurdles. they had these tiny little hurdles for the kids to jump over. Julia was really good at knocking them over. She could not jump over them for the life of her. Hannah was so concerned, she just followed Julia and picked up the hurdle as Julia plowed over them. Once again, I'm worried her athletic ability is being passed down from her mother. Though I must say she can huck the little balls they had pretty far.
This is what happens when we're bored. We see how much stuff we get put on. I think the fish sunglasses top of the outfit perfectly. I spent all day Saturday organizing her toys and catergorizing things. I have found that doing this has helped her discover things she hasn't played with in a very long time. I put all the dress up clothes (this is all we have, so there aren't too many) in a bag so she could keep them together. I went to clean them up and all we had were one shoe and one glove. As you can see my efforts have been wasted on a child that loves to drag things all over the house. I'm sure I'll find a shoe in the dryer or under the couch tomorrow. We took our first trip to Galaxy Game and Golf this last week. Julia loved it. It is just a big playground and it's nice because they let the adults go in there with them. Julia is really brave until she gets lost in some tunnel right at the top, then she kind of freaks out.
During our potty training we switched Julia to a big girl bed. She had been really good about staying in it and going to sleep but this week she has discovered the new found freedom that the big girl bed offers. As you can see she has created quite a collection for herself in the bed. Yesterday morning I found eight pull-ups in bed with her and during nap yesterday there were atleast ten books in bed with her. So today she was messing around running in her room and so after it got quiet I thought I would go and check on her. She was holding her book up and had fallen asleep. She tried so hard to stay awake and play, but the urge to sleep was too strong. The book had of course fallen on her face by the time I was able to get to the camera but she makes me laugh. I suppose that you become far too easily amused by things like this when you have kids.

4 comments:

Lyndee said...

I so remember the galaxy. I used to take Ky there. Julia is so cute. I love how funny she is.I love the sleeping picture. So cute

Lisa said...

Where is the class that Julia and Hanna are taking? Tyler would love something like that - and he is in desperate need of some activities these days! I'm so impressed that Julia is already potty trained and in a bed! Way to go Annie! You're much more on top of things than I am!

Justen said...

Whatever Annie, you're super athletic. You were like the captain of my t-ball team.

alliehoopes said...

Similar to cute product packaging (gets me every time)...I'd also be willing to sign up for something just because someone had named it Sporties for Shorties.