Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chopped

I dressed the girls for Saint Patricks and took a picture. Julia was very disappointed that we didn't wear red, her favorite color.
I took my little Audrey girl to the doctor last week and she is now 17lbs 10oz. She only gained 7oz in three months. So she is now 95% in height and only 35% in weight. She's my little mini. She also thinks she's big stuff. She's walking all over furniture and crawling all over the place. She is getting her top teeth now and can stand by herself for about ten seconds. She's waving and clapping and loves little baby dolls. She also got her first haircut this week...
We drove to Cincinnati to visit one of my best friends Kristi. Kristi is the hair master and gave us each a haircut. The poor girl cut hair all night. Now Audrey has a cute little bob and is no longer scraggly joe.
She actually sat quite still for the cut. It really does look sooo much better. I didn't realize what a difference it would make.
And I chopped my hair as well. I took off five and a half inches and it's shorter than I've had it since I was in 3rd grade and my brother called me "mushroom head." Luckily I had Kristi give me this fantastic hair cut and I don't have ginormous red glasses and buck teeth (like I did in 3rd grade.) I really do LOVE it even more than I thought I would. It gives me so much variety and I am loving it more and more each day. Thank you Kristi! And I must say that the company while getting my hair done beats any thing else. You're the best.

While we were in Cincinnati we also went to some of the parks there. Seriously within just minutes from Kristi's house are so many awesome parks to visit.
My blued eyed girl.
Peeking through the tree. Julia and Zach have so much fun together. Julia loves having a friend to wrestle with.
Julia looks really happy in this picture doesn't she?
Audrey loves the swings. She would stay in there for hours.
That little Connor is so cute.
This slide was HUGE. They were the old school slides that they don't have anymore. Julia and Zach were very brave and went down all the scary ones. Julia is the little dare devil. She has no fear (definitely doesn't come from her mother.)

And yesterday we celebrated our sixth anniversary. Can you believe how young we looked!

Each year at this time Bryan and I do evaluate our lives a little and look back at all we've been through in the past six years. We both agree that we have been so blessed and couldn't be happier or more well suited for one another. Bryan makes me a better person. I know for a fact that my own family liked me more after I married Bryan. There is no one I would rather go through the ups and downs of life with. And since he's not a blogger we are all going to assume he feels the way. Oh and that six years ago he scored the biggest catch of his life. He is one lucky man. Happy anniversary!

18 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Mushroom head...that had to be Eric...although, if you were to wear a sweater, we could call you A Golden Girl. We like your new haircut, and as always, your girls are super cute.

Unknown said...

You don't look THAT different! I love that picture...young and restless. All the haircuts look fabuloso, as I have told you.

Brookel said...

Your hair is very cute, I always love my hair right after I've chopped it off, but I have missed having my long hair too so now I am growing it out. I think I still have your guys' engagement picture in a picture book of college photos. And I remember going to see you guys at the temple, you guys are wonderful together Happy 6 years!

Ryan & Amanda said...

I love your hair cut, and I am seriously in shock that Audrey had to have a haircut, but not surprised! Happy Anniversary and agree that Bryan got a catch-so glad he married you!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks so much for coming to visit us. We had a blast and miss you so much already. I hope you really do love your haircut, it does look great by the way, but anything would look great on you!

Dehner Family said...

Your hair looks great! Good job Kristi. It's fun to change it up now and then. All the girls in your family have great hair! Also- Hope you had a great anniversary.

Monica said...

LOVE the hair! Seriously, I may just have to take a drive to see Kristi too! :) Also, love all the pictures. So cute.

emilyy said...

You guys look like babies!!! Congrats on 6 years. I love your hair, it's very cute.

Heather said...

Love the wedding and engagement photos, thanks for finding those. Sorry I didn't get to tell you on Sunday how much I love the new cut. So fun!

Melinda said...

Happy anniversary! I got called mushroom head when I was in 7th grade. Gotta love those cuts, right? I absolutely love your haircut. It's adorable. I love your wedding and engagement photos!

kiki comin said...

love your hair, love those girls and their cuteness..and bryan really did get lucky!:) happy anniversary.

Sarah Walton said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! Wow, 6 years! Actually . . . Dan and I are coming up on our 6 year mark pretty soon. wow, time flies!

Scott and Melanie said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Your hair looks cute and so does Audreys. I can't believe she is so small! Charlie just weighed in at 22 lbs 14 oz at his nine month appt--75% for weight and 97% for height. Big boy! It's awesome you and Kristi get to see each other still! Wish I could visit you both!

John-David and Kathryn said...

Annie
Cute hair and happy anniversary. I love that Bryan looks about 16 in the engagement picture. Fun times.

natalie palmer said...

happy late anniversary you guys! i was going to blame us forgetting on amanda not putting it on the calendar but... it IS on the calendar! oops.
i think your little girls are so darling. though we may have to keep scott away from audrey. i'm afraid he'll smash her. he's weighing in at about 25 pounds these days!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Fun hair Annie! And I can't believe Audrey has already had her first haircut. Way to go on six years!!

Cara said...

absolutely LOVE your hair...makes me wish I didn't chicken out on chopping mine. Cute engagement pic...still remember your Hawaiian style bridal shower! 6 yrs. ago-- crazy! Where does the time go?
p.s. are we ever going to get together w/ Brittney and Tracy? Red Robin's sounding good!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Your hair cut looks great. I just got mine cut too and love the lightness of it!
Happy Anniversary.