I was recently thinking that my little Audrey was in the easiest stage. She wasn't moving around too much. She mostly kept to herself and was content to be pulled up at the table watching Julia play with her toys. Well needless to say, those days are behind me. And I must admit it makes me a little sad.This wild child now has it out for all of us. When she sees Julia playing quietly with her toys she is like an attacker on the prowl. Julia runs in panic as Audrey approaches ready to destroy. When I am cooking or cleaning in the kitchen and Audrey is to be quietly playing with her toys, she is instead finding the stairs and giving me a menacing smile as she attempts to ascend. Whenever we are using the computer she pulls herself up and begins to madly pound at the computer keys while laughing as I tell her "no, no, no!" Destruction is the name of the game and mischief is Audrey's middle name.
Okay, okay she's not that bad. To be honest she has each of us wrapped around her little finger. As you can see with her new found mobility she has a green bruise on either side of her head. Bryan says it's because her forehead is so prominent. Do you like the snot bubbles in these pictures? I have been feeling guilty that I haven't caught enough adorable pictures of her cute little face and I either get her crawling away or snot bubbles.
Audrey also attended her first birthday party this week. I can't believe that my Audrey girl is approaching her one year birthday. Where does the time go. I try so hard to enjoy every cuddle and love I get from her because they just get big so dang fast.
This week is Bryan's birthday so to celebrate a little early we headed to the zoo and then to Bryan's favorite lunch spot, City BBQ. We stuffed ourselves with as much pulled pork and beef that our big bellies could handle. Anyhoo I snapped a few photos at the zoo...Julia with the giant turtle. There were many snakes in the reptile house that made Julia a little leery. There was a plastic snake on display and Julia started touching it. Bryan snuck up behind her and hissed loudly while grabbing her. Let's just say tears were shed and I think daddy felt a little bit guilty.
Lounging on the manta ray.
posing like the flamingos.
Julia's Aunt Jody and her cousins sent her some "I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus" stickers and two dollars to get a treat. So we went and got ice cream which totally made her day. She was a little disappointed that getting the treat meant giving up her precious two dollars. The stickers were also a great bribery tool during my solo sacrament meeting today. Thanks again Jody!
Covey Seely
6 years ago




12 comments:
i can't get over how cute your girls are and i love that bryan posed like a flamingo with julia. :) i'm so excited with the idea that we might be living close to you guys in a little over a year. are you guys going to be okay with us following you to ohio??
The girls are so cute! Audrey looks so grown up and I love the big smile! I am glad I am not the only one afraid of snakes-tell Julia it is just fine to be scared of them and Bryan better not scare her anymore with the darn plastic snakes-I had too many snakes dropped on me as a child, but I am not sure if Bryan was the actual culprit.
I seriously cannot get over how cute your 2 girlies are!! Audrey is such a doll!
Those two are so cute! Charlie is starting in on his destroyer stage as well! I'm not sure is as mobile as Audrey yet, but he manages to do plenty of damage...I can't believe is was almost a year ago when you brought Julia over to spend the night! Our kids shouldn't be that old yet!
Audrey you are so cute!! You too Julia!!! Glad you had fun with your ice cream!! Sorry you had to use your two dollars!! Audrey good girl keep your mom on her toes!! Miss you love ya
Looks like a fun time. I hope Bryan has a great birthday. I also enjoyed Julia's crown.
horray for wild little girls. Welcome to my territory. Don't worry it's fun too, just more work.
Looks like you had a fun day! I'm glad aI got to see you for a little bit. Tell Bryan Happy Birthday from us! Good luck chasing Audrey around the house. I feel like I get a pretty good workout every day just trying to keep up with Connor.
Bryan is always so funny teasing cute Julia--sometimes you just have to laugh and it is going to make her tougher and stronger, right?! Love the snot bubbles on sweet Audrey. I can't believe she is on the move already!!
Audrey's beautiful eyes and her cute little cheeks! You're right they grow up too fast. Good luck running after 2 now.
OH but she is just so dang cute cruising all over the place. I love your girls - can't wait to watch them again so start planning another date!
Oh my, your life is over. :) Luckily she's a cutie even with the snot bubbles.
Post a Comment