Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Past Couple of Weeks or So...

Saturday was such nice weather. It was almost strange because it was so gusty and cloudy but it was a warm wind. Definitely warm enough to spend a little time outside. Bryan was working all morning Saturday and since we are without a backyard I sent Julia to play on the deck. She collects berries from the tree back there and pretends to plant flowers in her garden. Audrey is crawling and climbing up on everything but I didn't want her crawling all over the deck eating Julia's flower berries. The highlight of the morning was watching the girls blow smeary kisses to each other through the glass while giggling. I could listen to those giggles forever. It was one of those moments you wish you could freeze in time.Here is our now mobile baby. She is crawling and climbing. She is still pretty slow but I feel that coming to an end very soon.

Here is the gardener planting the berries.
Last week we had the chance to go to Disney on Ice. It was such a fun show and just Julia and I went with some friends so it was some special time for her and I. Julia's only disappointment was the absence of Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) but she was still entertained as the Incredibles made their way through Disney Land.
Yes she had to make a "silly face."
Julia and her little date Jansen. Such good friends. Jessica and I were both worried they might be a little scared during the Haunted Mansion portion of the show, but they both put on a brave face. That, or that had no idea what was going on. The ghosts were wearing dresses and that was all Julia was worried about. The ghost looked like princesses. I think Jansen was showing Julia what a brave stud he is.
We also had a little belated Valentine's Party after we got back from our trip. We had to say goodbye to Alici as she moved away this past week. It is always so hard to say goodbye to friends and I seem to be doing a lot of that lately. We just feel so blessed to have so many wonderful ones to say goodbye to.

7 comments:

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

I love the sweet photo of your girls giggling at each other through the window! I am sure Bryan was sad to miss out on Disney on Ice this year--looks like fun!

Ryan & Amanda said...

I love the girls giggling through the window, I hope the next baby (not anytime soon though) is a girl so they can have as much fun together. They are so cute, I love Julia's imaginary garden, so fun!

kiki comin said...

what a fun date! i love that picture of them giggling at each other too...nothing makes me smiling more than siblings laughing together!:)

Unknown said...

Can't wait for more warm days! And Audrey will be crawling all throught the dirt!

Phillips Family said...

Seeing these pictures sure makes us miss you guys even more. We need to come and visit.

Jody said...

Fun Fun!! You should of made Princess Aurora attend just for her.. That would of made her year!! Maybe when we go to D-land she can she her.. Yeah.. I wish Julia could come and plant us a garden.. Maybe something could grow in the snow that never ends.. Hey thanks for the help Sat. Love those cute girls..

Monica said...

I too love the girls giggling through the window. So precious. I agree with you about having moments that you wish you could freeze in time. I feel that same way too sometimes watching my two interact. Such a cute age. Also, I am glad that you posted that group picture so that I can steal a copy! :)