Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Do You Ever?

Do you ever...

get seriously annoyed at slow people in the grocery store and secretly wish you could just give them a little prodding push with your shopping cart?

hear your kids awake in the morning and ignore it for over a half an hour so you can sleep longer?

wish there was a quick fix for that hangy skin you get after you have a baby? Or a fix at all? Dang that hangy skin.

wonder after you leave a party or social gathering if you said something or did something really stupid and think about it for several hours afterwords?

get so desperate for something sweet that you scour your cupboards only to find a large handful of chocolate chips which you devour immediately?

want to punch annoying people in the face, especially ones on reality television?

wish you were more patient with your children, but seriously if I hear whining one more time today... I think I need more patience in general.

feel guilt that you aren't teaching your children enough?

wonder if all the hard work and sacrifice will really pay off in the end?

want to egg your neighbors house because if I hear them playing x-box one more time my brain is going to explode?

wish you didn't feel guilty every time you spend money?

have the feeling as you lay your baby in their soft bed with their soft blankets that you wish you could trade places just for a minute and have a perfectly care free nap?

check your email, blog or facebook like fifteen times a day just in case there's something new?

stand back in pure amazement at how quickly your clean house is once again a disaster area that was ravaged by a ferocious hurricane?

contemplate doing something productive and sit on your fat rear instead?

stay up until 12:30AM and wonder why you are so tired all day?

wonder if other people eat as much as you do? I swear I can seriously throw food down.

color coordinate you and your kids clothes without even realizing it?

have your older child catch you talking to yourself?

wonder if people understand your jokes?

Well...after that awesome list I need to throw out a couple of birthday wishes.
Cute little Allie turned one today, seems like only yesterday she was born.

And Carli the little sis, beastie woman, Ceejee happy twenty third. Love you and hope you have a great day tomorrow.

21 comments:

emilyy said...

Um...YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, etc.... reading that list made me feel like I personally wrote it. (except the x-box neighbor) But everything else describes my life perfectly. It's funny how much we have in common.

Ryan & Amanda said...

I am so relieved that I am not the only one with those thoughts! I think there were maybe only three that I have not thought, probably I have thought the rest in the last 24 hours! Seriously as I went through it was comforting to know I am not alone in my thoughts and worries! Thanks for the birthday wishes (from Alli) hopefully we can come see you guys soon and have a big birthday party for all the girls together, that is my wish!

Unknown said...

it must be a woman thing. cant even tell you how many of those things made me smile because it is EXACTLY what i do. dont you wish you could take scissors to the hangy skin?

Sara said...

So basically everything that you said just summed up the whole of my life - I think I should just cope and paste it into my journal. Wow! I am sure glad that I am not alone in that list. You are so adorable. . .thanks for making me smile!

alliehoopes said...

ya yep yes uhhuh. you're the queen of blog posts today that made me chuckle a little. though not so much pushing people over at the store because tonight it was your cute mom i kept running into and she's too nice for that kind of thing. feeding baby=no caps.

lisa h. said...

yes, actually all of those count for me! except sometimes it's a spoonful of brown sugar and not chocolate chips and 2am and not 12:30...glad we all have the same issues!

Heather said...

Your questions resonate with a lot of people. We are not alone in these feelings. My chocolate chips are now entirely run out. My once-clean house has rapidly spiraled toward chaos, and oh, for some perfectly restful sleep.

Dehner Family said...

I said yes to everything on your list (except the x box thing)... I laughed out loud because as I was reading your blog I was downing a handful of chocolate chips (because they were the only sweet thing I could find :) I like to put chocolate chips on a graham cracker and melt it in the oven... It's like a smore without the marshmellow. Pathetic I know, but oh so yummy.

Jody said...

Anzie you are to cute!! And it would be watch out Doritos for me!! Isn't it funny how women worry and wonder and are creatures of habit.. Kiss those girls!!

Young Family Adventures said...

Annie - That is hilarious... Yes to the majority of them all & it is so great to know we are not all alone... there are many more who are & feel the same way!!!

Your girls are so adorable - I can't believe how fast your baby turned 1 ... it is just like yesterday you had her!! WOW!!

You are still as cute as ever!!
Have a wonderful week :)

kiki comin said...

check, check, check, check, check. you wrote my mind. BUT you make your hangy skin look great..too great in fact. (i'd love to see you and jessica try to find any hangy skin to cut off!):)

Brookel said...

I always do those things especially the worry about if I said something stupid or offensive or just babbled on too long in general at enrichments. I always get like that when I meet new people either I'm too quiet and probably appear rude or blab on for way too long, for some reason my filter removes itself when I am presented to a group of new ladies.

Lisa Strupp said...

So, I read the first one about the grocery store and thought ya, I really can't stand slow people, then the next about sleeping a half hour longer and then the rest. All of them apply to my life! I just kept laughing and thinking wow, we share the same life. I loved it!!! It's good to see that someone struggles with the same things and about the looking for something sweet.....the other day I was craving sweets so bad that I found a thing of frosting in the fridge from frosting cupcakes. That's right I ate 2 big spoonfulls! The things we do as mothers! Thanks for this it made my day!!!

Melinda said...

Ok, so tell me....can you read my thoughts? I agreed with seriously every thing you wrote on that list. I'm so relieved that someone else thinks about the same things I do!

Britni said...

That list is fun! It's amazing the things that run through you head at times...I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

I am glad I am not the only one who has these thoughts on a daily basis! I had a bad mommy pity party only two days ago as I looked back on the day and realized how impatient I was with Ashley. I am the adult right? Thanks for making me feel better that I'm not the only one. And what is with little girls and whining?

natalie palmer said...

oh annie - your my sista from another mista! :)

Emily said...

Hey Annie, just found your blog via Sarah Walton's and like most people commenting, I'm right there with ya. See, the world isn't such a scary place. We are all secretly thinking those thoughts and actions.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

All of them! I laughed about punching annoying people in the face because Ken will randomly ask me, If you could punch someone in the face right now, who would it be. (He usually says Tina Fey)

Nicole said...

Hahaha!! This post made me laugh. And realize that I'm not as *crazy* as I thought. Apparently I have a ton of best friends I didn't even know, because every person who commented thinks the same things as well! Wish we lived closer. ;)
Love all the latest posts...I've been horrible at checking...so Sorry!! But I'm caught up now. I can't believe how big and absolutely darling Audrey is!! And Julia's dancing: priceless!! Your girls are just too cute.

Cara said...

slow people at the grocery store...true dat. Don't they know my life is wasting away as they count out their cash? One of my most favorite posts! So true. Loved the 'contemplated doing something but sat on my rear instead'--hahaha. I'm sure I could beat you in an eating contest though. And yes it is 12:30 and I'm checking your blog just like you wrote about...better sign off. see you tomorrow! So glad K made the cut! haha