Friday, January 2, 2015

Another Girl

At some point in October we made a little trip to Logan, UT to visit with some friends from Idaho.  Kara and Landon have been such great friends and it was so fun to visit with them.  While we were in Logan we decided to take advantage of the time and go and see my Grandpa Sylvester's and Grandma Florence's headstones there.  After a phone call to my mom and some wandering we finally found it.  It was almost 18 years to the day that my grandpa passed away.  That seems crazy to even think 18 years because it's hard to believe that it's been that long and yet I still miss him so much.  
I am so glad that we chose Florence as Lily's middle name.  Though she was pretty sick when I was just little and I don't remember much about her, I know she was a brilliant and loving person.  It was fun to talk to the girls about my grandparents and help them understand the heritage that they have.  I think it's important to know about the incredible people that came before us.
We found the most beautiful park after we visited the cemetery and the girls played.  We also discovered that there was a tree with buckeyes!  We collected as many buckeyes as we could and came home and made necklaces for the girls so they could wear them for the games.
We are excited that we will soon be welcoming another girl to our family.  It has been a crazy pregnancy with moving but I have managed pretty good.  The nausea wasn't too bad.  I have just been SOOOO tired.  I feel like I could sleep all the time.  Otherwise things have been pretty good and I just feel so grateful for that.  I am about 21 weeks here.  I never regret posting pregnancy pictures with my previous babies so I'm trying really hard to continue to do so.  So much of my blog revolves around my kids that I think it's important to remember the impactful moments of my own life and pregnancy is a pretty big part of what's been going on with me lately.
We had a firepit in the backyard.  It is so beautiful back there.  One of my very favorite parts of this house is this backyard.  It feels like we live in the mountains.  There are so many trees and rocks.  The girls come up with all kinds of plots and stories.  It's moments like these that I just want to freeze in my memory.  I love having this family of mine together.
 The family that lived in this house before us had two boys and so the paint colors in their rooms reflected as such.  I tried to ignore it as long as I could but it just had to be painted.  I love how the girls' room turned out.  Bryan suggested orange and I was a little worried about it but have been really happy with the result.  After painting both of the girls' rooms and the front room I feel like I don't want to paint again for a REALLY long time.
A look at their cute beds.  I don't consider myself any kind of decorator but I love how happy and cute their room is.
I went for a 3D ultrasound at 21 weeks.  I could not believe how in depth and amazing it was.  I have never had an ultrasound like this and it is just incredible what you are able to see.  Thankfully we were able to see that she is doing great.  She is growing like she should and developing like she should.  I particularly loved getting a little look at her face.  She looks like she belongs to our family. I am getting exited to meet this next little Palmer girl.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

The girls room looks so cute!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Their room is adorable! And you look beautiful. If I looked that good when pregnant, then maybe I'd be okay getting belly shots too! haha!! I've heard so many fun stories about Sylvester. I wish I could have met him.

Unknown said...

Darling room for the girls! Dang I miss you. Such a good idea to gather those buckeyes and make necklaces.