Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Disneyland 2014

Every other year my parents take the whole family to Disneyland rather than getting Christmas presents.  It is such a generous gift and we are so lucky to be able to do this.  It has been a crazy year for us so it was nice to get away for a while and watch the kids love and enjoy the magic that Disney brings.  The very first day there was no line to see Pluto so we had to take the photo op.  This is the third time we have been to Disney as a family and unfortunately it was the busiest.  Thankfully they have a new app for the phone that gives you ride wait times and that helped out a lot.  This is also the first time that I have been to Disneyland pregnant, which was an uncomfortable experience but overall we had a great time, the weather was beautiful and my kids had a magical time.
We had to take a selfie on our favorite ride Pirates of the Caribbean.  Lily thought the slides were too scary on this ride.  She went on it three times but refused after that.  She frequently prays at night that she doesn't have to go on that pirate ride with the slides.
The Haunted mansion was all fixed up for Halloween which was fun.
It is so fun spending time with cousins.
As terrifying as the pirate ride was the carousel more than made up for it.

After the first day I worked really hard to have the girls wear matching shirts so I could more easily keep track of them.  It was actually really nice when the crowds got crazy.  This was a day where we all matched!  It was fun having the same t-shirts.
Splash Mountain was a favorite.
Lily was starstruck.
These girls are only a month apart.  We found a splash pad and the girls played in it for a very long time.
Matching shirt day number two.

This is my favorite picture.
The t-cups were also a hit.  This day Lily and I went on Alice in Wonderland while Bryan took the big girls on a scary ride.  The ride stopped right in the middle of the ride.  We sat and waited for a pretty long time before a "cast member" came to rescue us.  We had to listen to the same song five hundred times.  I suppose the one perk was we got to see the workings behind Alice and Wonderland and were given the OK to walk right to the front of the line the next time we wanted to go on it.
Audrey got more and more brave.  Look at those hands in the air!
It took some convincing but Julia went on the California Screamer.  Bryan took her and it made him really motion sick.  She loved it so much we had to sit and wait while she did the single rider two more times.  Those kids stomachs are made of steel I tell you.

I love this picture too.
I think these may have been my favorite t-shirts.  I was pretty pleased with myself.  I went to JC Penneys before our trip with a coupon and bought shirts and prizes at a significantly cheaper price.  I gave them the shirt and a little prize each morning so they felt like they came away with souvenirs without me actually having to buy souvenirs.
So apparently at Halloween time they have a big party that they charge you AGAIN to go to.  I had decided that I didn't want to double pay that day and decided we wouldn't go.  My dad was worried the girls would be super sad and insisted I at least get them tickets.  So I did.  I think it was really crowded, and my parents had their hands pretty full but the kids had a great time and it was awfully nice of them to take my girls.
We made a quick trip over to the cars ride before the Halloween party.  It is definitely a favorite.
Thanks mom and dad for giving us such a great time and spoiling us so much.  These are memories we treasure forever.  Next time I will go NOT pregnant.

0 comments: