I was so happy with how much the girls' school celebrated Thanksgiving. I think it's fantastic for them to learn about the history of the holiday. Audrey's class made Wampanoag head dresses and purses and pilgrim bonnets. She liked the Wampanoag get up the best. She really loved the purse.
Julia was more than happy to wear the pilgrim bonnet. I thought they looked so cute. We were asked to go to the nursing home and do Family Home Evening. The girls prepared and colored a fun lesson and wore their Thanksgiving costumes. When we arrived at the nursing home, however, they must have cancelled because no one was there. I think the girls were kind of disappointed after all their preparation.So we went to the ice cream shop instead. I think that relieved most of the pain. This ice cream shop down the road is so cute. They had it all decorated for Christmas.
The inside is old fashioned and quaint. We love going there.
For Thanksgiving we drove to Salem to spend the holiday with Bryan's family. They brought all kinds of games to play in the gym after we were done eating.
Lily loves her Grandma.
And her daddy.
Julia put three heaping slices of pie on her plate and I think she ate 1/8 of what she put on her plate. Sometimes our eyes are bigger than our stomachs.
We went to Amanda's house afterwords and let the kids play. The weather was really nice which was an added bonus.
The sunset was beautiful as well.
The day after Thanksgiving my parents and sister came over and we had soup and pie. We then went to see the lights down town but had the dates mixed up. So we headed over to a little arcade they have downtown. I don't think the girls were too disappointed as Nana and Papa bought them many tokens and let them waste those tokens on many games.
We walked around and snapped picture in front of the temple. I have really noticed how much I love living closer to family around the holidays. It's been so fun to spend more time with all of them rather than living so far away and having to miss all of these moments.














1 comments:
I have to say we are loving having you closer-especially for holidays, but just all the time :).
Post a Comment