We had such a great Halloween this year. It was filled with lots of fun events and the girls just get so excited about everything. It helped that they looked so dang cute too!
The Young Women of our ward threw a Halloween carnival that was so much fun. They had all kinds of games and stations for the girls to play. There weren't a ton of kids there either so they were able to do all the things they wanted.I think cookie decorating was a definite highlight.
We also carved pumpkins one night. We gave the girls free reign with the design and just helped with the carving.
Audrey had to give hers a kiss she loved it so much!
We just gave little Lily some markers and let her go to town. She really got into it. Her pumpkin was covered in designs.
The girls school had a Halloween parade and so we went to go and see them and their classmates in their cute costumes. They had such a great time with the parade and with the class parties.
Julia has some moves while she walks in the parade.
The official night came and the weather was incredible! We hardly even needed jackets. It made for such a pleasant evening. Julia wanted to be a pirate this year. We found a costume she loved at Costco but it was too small for her. We hunted at several stores before we found this one. I thought it turned out so cute and I loved the hot pink color. She had a fake sword that we bought and was a big disgruntled when I told her she couldn't take it to school. Lucky for her those rules didn't apply for Halloween night.
Lily picked her costume out early on and never regretted her choice. She had fairy wings to go with the costume but they drove her crazy. We tried pinning them down, tightening the strings, everything but she decided she would rather not wear them. She made a beautiful fairy either way.
Audrey was all about the witch. A very talented face painter made the spider and web at school and we were lucky it matched her costume perfectly! I added some warts and extra spiders. She looked so cute.
All three girls together. I love Halloween so much.
This picture of the girls outside playing in the yard before we went trick or treating makes me so happy. They spend so much time outside here. I love it.
We headed to the ward trunk or treat first and it was such a great night. I loved sitting and seeing all the cute costumes and talking with friends. The girls loved having friends to go trick or treating with and so many people were so generous giving full cans of soda pop and full sized candy bars!
Audrey was thrilled to spend the evening with her bestie.
So many members of our ward dressed up and I just had to take a picture of Frankenstein and the bride of Frankenstein. So much fun.
After the trunk or treat we still aren't super familiar with the area so we did trick or treating on our street, which is a super quiet street so we were the only trick or treaters. We then took the girls to McDonalds for some dinner. I think they were a little bummed we didn't do more trick or treating but to be honest we had a perfect night. They got tons of candy at the trunk or treat and we didn't need more and finished the night playing on the play place at McDonalds. I love this holiday and am so thankful we had such a great one in our new home.














0 comments:
Post a Comment