Friday, January 2, 2015

Fall Break

The girls got an extra long weekend for fall break.  Since Bryan just started a new job he didn't take any time off.  So I had to find a few things to keep the girls busy during their days off.  Thankfully the weather was really nice and we were able to be outside.  We found a super fun park close by and stayed for a really long time.  It is shaped like a castle and the girls loved playing there.  Since being great with child and moving to a new city I haven't had a gym membership so finding ways to exercise has been tricky.  So whenever I take the girls to the park I just walk laps around the playground.  They had so much fun this day I am sure I walked for well over an hour.  I'm quite certain all the Utah mom groups thought I was crazy.
 After they played we noticed lots of trees and a deep ravine.  We decided to explore since the leaves were so pretty.
 Behind this playground there was this incredible walk through the trees.  It reminded me a lot of the walk that was by our house in Ohio.  Much to the girls chagrin, I made them go for a little walk with me to explore.  They prefer to just play but once in a while they have to humor me.
 To make their torture even more acute I made them pose for pictures.  I loved this walk though.  We have come back several times with Bryan.
 We also took a trip over to Gardiner Village to meet Grandma to celebrate Julia's birthday over the break.  By choosing to go over the break, it was pretty crowded but we maneuvered our way around just fine.  The witches were so fun to look at and the weather was just amazing that day.

 We were there a little earlier than Grandma and Amanda so we snapped a few pictures and explored while we were waiting.
 They finally showed up!  Alli and Ilene looked so cute in their witch outfits.
 Grandma paid for all of them to go to the kid's area and play around.  It was so generous of her.  They loved it.  The only trick was keeping track of everyone during the excitement.  There was so much to do and see.
 There was quite the wait to jump on this giant pillow.  They set the timer and let so many jump at once.  It was pretty comical watching kids get whiplashed bounced around on that thing.
 Cute girls.
 We then got hamburgers and ice cream for lunch.  Grandma even brought a cake for Julia and gave her a sewing machine.  Julia loves being creative and it was the perfect gift.  Well, it would probably be the perfect gift if her mom had any sewing abilities, but we did make a pillow so...

2 comments:

Sheri said...

You made a pillow! I'm so impressed. I'm sure you can do much more too!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

That looks so fun. I've always wanted to see the witches at Gardner Village.