Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Floor of Death

Bryan decided that since he had time off, he would undertake a home improvement venture. I do believe that he has since decided home improvements are just not for him. But, I am so thrilled with the results! He worked so hard and it looks so good. When I say "he" I mean the amazingly talented friends that came to help him (You know who you are!) We could not have done it without their help. We are so lucky to have such GREAT friends that would come and do that. We also borrowed saws and tools from various people. Thank you to all of those that helped my husband make our house look so nice. I only requested that the floors get done before the baby came and Bryan totally came through for me. I absolutely love it and I am so excited that we don't have to eat over carpet any more. Here is our house torn to shreds. It had to sit like this for a little while until Dave came back from vacation to help Bryan. Julia was very concerned as to what we were doing with the house. She is very glad to have things back to normal.
The ugly and nasty that was underneath the other tile.
The finished result! I am so happy about it. It feels like a brand new house. Thank you Bryan! This is the very best Mother's Day/Birthday present ever!

10 comments:

Kara said...

Annie - I LOVE them! And happy birthday too! Sorry again about all the confusion last night, but at least you had a few very entertaining messages!

Katherine said...

Wow! The floor looks really nice! Good job Bryan!

emilyy said...

It looks great!! Good job Bryan, or should I say JR. :) We will have to come check it out in person after this baby gets here. Good luck!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

That looks awesome. You must have had some professionals do that!

Rachel said...

Your floor looks so good! I am really impressed! Good job. I have been checking frequently for news of a new baby, I just can't wait.

Ryan & Amanda said...

Great job with the floor! It looks wonderful!

Dehner Family said...

The floor looks awesome! And just in time for baby. Good luck with your very soon to be here delivery.

Noelle said...

Looks awesome!!! and Happy Birthday!

Nicole said...

Looks SO great! I am impressed! And Happy Birthday! Hope you had an awesome awesome day. :)

candice said...

That looks so nice I am glad you got it all finished.