Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our first week and a half home...

1. We had to take Audrey to the doctor twice. First for suspected jaundice and second for her well baby check up. She is growing and eating great.

2. Julia came down with a 102.7 temperature the day after we brought Audrey home. That was pleasant. She was pretty much banished to the basement with Peter Pan and the phrase, "Don't touch the baby's hands or face!" was said at least fifty times that day and the days following.

3. My hands became raw from washing them so much.

4. We forgot how difficult it is to sleep with a new baby next to you. They grunt all night long.

5. Audrey was kicked out and put in the hallway and sleep improved greatly and we can still hear her well enough to know she's awake. Julia also decided to wake up several times during the night. I am learning to function on very few hours of sleep.

6. I forgot how much I love to hold a new baby. She is the sweetest little girl and I could hold and stare at her all day long.

7. I forgot how fast they change and grow. Her little legs are already getting fat rolls and her face is filling out. It goes too fast.

8. Two year olds are very demanding but also so sweet and loving.

9. Grandmas coming to stay are the greatest blessing in the world.

10. Husbands not having to go back to work until June is also the greatest blessing in the world.

11. Having the baby is WAY better than being pregnant.

12. Getting newborn and two year old's pictures taken is a definite challenge. Audrey does not enjoy being naked and Julia does not enjoy posing for pictures which made it a little bit tricky. Because of the amazing patience of the most amazing photographer and the amazing talent of an amazing photographer the pictures turned out great. Melanie you are the BEST! We love and appreciate you so much! She sent me a sample picture and I had to post it. There will be more to come.


I feel so blessed to have such beautiful little girls, a wonderful husband who this morning took the baby so I could sleep in a little longer, and my mom who has loved my girls and helped me in ways that she cannot even imagine. I love them all so much!

16 comments:

Bursell Family said...

Oh my heavens, Audrey is such a doll. I love the picture!

Ryan & Amanda said...

I love the picture!!!

Brian Adair Fam said...

Annie! Audrey is absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations! I was thinking about you the other day and hoping everything went well with delivery and everything. Sounds like it did. I hope Julia feels better soon. I'm sure she's a great big sister!! :0) Good luck getting some much needed and deserved sleep and keep the pictures coming!! ;0)

Nicole said...

Congrats Annie!!!! She is so sweet and beautiful. Isn't it great having two?? Aside from the sleepless nights I am LOVING it. :) I think you said it all well in this post. :) Love all of the fun pics, can't wait to see more. Good luck with everything!

Heather said...

Gorgeous photo. Glad things are going so well.

Unknown said...

They absolutely do not come any cuter than that.

David and Kristi Gailey said...

I LOVE the picture. You will have to show me the rest. I hope you get more sleep. She is beautiful!

kiki comin said...

aren't some of those lessons hard to relearn the second time through..audrey is beautiful..i can't wait to see her in real life!:)

The Gardner's said...

Annie, you have such a beautiful daughter. I can't believe how much hair she has! Congratulations! I hope that you can get some more sleep soon!

Cara said...

that is the cutest picture ever!! Melanie is so good at what she does. Call me if you need anything, seriously, I've been thinking about you guys a lot lately.

emilyy said...

I love the picture, it's adorable.

Young Family Adventures said...

Congratulations Palmer Family!! You're new addition is another beautiful princess like your 1st!! Enjoy every moment of it!! Love the Youngs in Green River

The Teeples said...

Palmers,
What a wonderful first little while home with the new one! I missed being able to talk to you at Church today. Hope all is well. Please call if you need anything. I can't wait to me little Audrey.

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

What a great pic. I just love newborn shots. I can't wait to see her in person(this week right?) at graduation!

Juli Chan said...

Annie, congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby girl! I'm glad that you are both doing well. She is so way cute! I love the picture too. I hope things keep going well for you and that you can finally get some sleep soon.

Katie said...

Hi Annie and Bryan! Congrats on the newest addition to your family. Audrey is a beauty (and I love her name!) Julia has gotten so big too! Congrats to Bryan on graduating as well. Hope you start getting more sleep soon!