My sister in law Aimei Love Bird Tagged me. So here goes....
1. Where did you and your husband meet?
We were a set up (I know-apparently once in a million years they work out.) One of my very best friends Whitney was in love with Bryan's little brother James and since she is the best friend ever she set me up with Bryan. I couldn't thank her enough for introducing me to the love of my life. I know cheesy, but that's the kind of thing you're going to get with a "tag" like this. It was highly controversial because I was going to BYU and Bryan was at the U. Our first big fight (suprisingly not a question on this tag) was at a BYU Utah basketball game. We have since mended our ways and are now Buckeyes through and through.
2. What was the first thing you said to eachother?
Probably something smooth like, "Hey, nice to meet you." Since it was a set up, a large group date, and since Bryan is the funny guy he is, he didn't say much of anything to me the entire night. I remember at the end of the night wondering if we made eye contact more than once. Ah, setups are full of akward. Luckily he asked me out again and the second date was full of much more conversation.
3. What was your first date?
We went to the Haunted Forest and the Pizza Factory. Interestingly enough, my friend Whitney was really good at set-ups and had lined me up with Bryan's best friend from high school as well. So the night before my date with Bryan I went to BYU Homecoming with his best friend. So Bryan spent a large portion of the night worried someone from Spanish Fork was going to see us and leak it to his friend. I don't know why he was so worried becuase it's no like we were having lots of conversation or anything. Then at the haunted house it was so akward because I didn't know whether to grab his arm and pull the damsel in distress or lay back. I opted to grab his arm and I think I was irresistable to him from that point on. Who can resist a girl grabbing your arm in the haunted house, really?
4. Where was our first kiss?
It was at my rockin apartment at Campus Plaza (the most ghetto apartment in Provo.) I had wanted him to do it earlier (which for me is a shock because I was NOT a quick mover). We actually dated for two months before he kissed me. We watched a movie and when he left he gave me a little kiss. It was so sweet and Bryan always impressed me because he was always such a gentlemen and treated me with a great deal of respect.
5. Long or short courtship/engagement?
Long by BYU standards. We dated for a year and were engaged for six months. Bryan lived in Salt Lake and I in Provo and we were terrible nerds. We studied all week and saw eachother on the weekends. We would meet a the Cafe Rio in Draper once a week, because honestly how could we go that long without seeing eachother.
6. Where did you get engaged?
We got engaged on the Provo River Trail. My parents were in town and we had gotten the ring together the night before and I couldn't wait to wear it. So Bryan asked me dad and we ate at Cafe Rio (seems to be a trend) and we drove out and he asked me. I didn't know I would get emotional, but I cried. I think Bryan was suprised at that. Oddly enough when he gave me the ring, we lost the wedding band and had to get another one later on. I drove back and tried to find it but was unsuccessful. It was my fault. I was way too excited to get that diamond on my finger.
7. Where were you married?
Salt Lake Temple, March 21, 2003. The only way I can remember the year is because it's Ann Marie which rhymes with 2003. I know I should just remember, but I struggle. It will be five years this March and I must say I couldn't be happier. I am married to my best friend and I love him so much. (I already warned you about the cheesy)
8. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
We didn't. We had to go to school two days after our wedding. We did stay at Anniversary Inn which Bryan thought was a huge rip-off because of the weak breakfast, and at a B&B in Evanston which we loved because the breakfast was awesome. I think that Bryan bases his love of the places we stayed solely on the food we ate.
I tag all of you out there reading this. I would like to hear about you and your love bird. Happy Valentines!





10 comments:
Loved reading this and hearing the details--they are always so fun and entertaining to find out! Way to go, playing the damsel in distress, nice quick work!
I loved reading this! It was so fun to hear all the details! Doesn't time fly when you're with your best friend! I'm glad you tagged anyone who read it...I can't wait to revisit mine and Jeff's dating! Love ya
I love reading stuff like this. I don't know why it interests me so much to hear other peoples stories but it does. SO FUN!
We met on a blind date too. Hooray for blind dates. And I grabbed Nate's hand first too while we were sledding. I too was in distress and decided to grab it.
We were married in May of 2003 and I kind of have a hard time remembering the year as well . . . it's like an awkward year to remember for some reason. Fun post! you guys are such a cute couple!
Aww...I feel like I know y'all so much better now.
That's so fun! Thanks for all the info. I feel like I'm up to date on your life now!
i loved reading this! we also met on a blind date and also got engaged on the provo river trail.. how funny. i'll have to call you sometime this week.. you and julia should come over!
So fun, thanks for posting it! Sometimes guys just need you to initiate a little contact for them to realize how irresistible you really are.
too cute! I remember going to your bachelorette party...wasn't it a Hawaiian theme or something?
Post a Comment