Sunday, February 17, 2008

Things That Make Me Happy This Week

I've been thinking about a few things that make me happy/thankful this week and I thought I would share a few of them with you. It's been a stressful bit lately with fourth year and deciding where to rank residencies and sell the house and have another baby and getting my act together that I don't take enough time to appreciate the plentiful "little" blessings in my life that make things so great. So here we go.
1. The comeback of leggings. The 80's version of legging weren't all that great but I think that little girl leggings under dresses is the cutest thing and I can't get enough of it. You can't tell in this picture all that well, but Julia has leggings on and I thought they were so cute we couldn't leave without taking a picture. It's a good thing little girls have such tiny little rear ends.

2. The fact that Julia has so many cute little friends that she gets to play with. Sunday is one of her favorite days because she gets to see all these little people that she loves. There are so many I couldn't find pictures of but I want to just say thanks to Julia's little buddies for making her life so much more fun. She can't get enough of them and I can't get enough of them saying cute things to each other or giving each other hugs.



3. The fact that when I asked Bryan what he wanted for dinner today and I gave him two options, one being much more difficult than the other, he picked the easy one because it is genuinely his favorite.

4. That I am blessed with so many great friends here in Ohio. I have had to use many of them this week when our car broke down and I needed a ride to various places, when we wanted a last minute babysitter and I had no problem finding someone willing to help, when we needed friends to laugh with over dinner, when Julia was running all over someone's house and they just laughed about it instead of getting annoyed, when I saw countless friendly faces and hello's at church, when I get nice comments on my blog/or emails, when I get to hang out with friends even though the kids are running and screaming and the list goes on and on. We have so many good friends that are always there for us and I can't even begin to express my apprecation for them. Being far away from family can be a drag, but having so many good friends is the best.

5. Sunday naps. I just woke up from one and this was something I greatly missed with 1:00 church.

6. 9:00 church. Julia is happier and the day is longer to enjoy.

7. Connecting with old friends. I am far too addicted to blogging and facebook and such but I have found so many of my old friends that I would have never heard from and I love that. Just this week I found three girls I went to high school with that I haven't talked to in probably 5 years.

8. Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I bought it this week and I can't get enough. That and I'm still on the grapefruit cottage cheese kick. I never thought eating could bring me so much satisfaction. I enjoy my meals a great deal.

9. Phone calls from my mom. She keeps me sane and often talks to me for 2 hours at a time. I feel really blessed to have such a great relationship with my mom-even though my brother's mock us for being so much alike and being capable of that much phone time. I always get to know what's going on at home and my mom is willing to listen to my exciting life which just includes alot of repeat stories of Julia, but she never acts like it bores her and that means alot to me.

10. That Julia is potty trained and I can now enjoy it instead of stress over it.

11. That I get to stay at home with Julia and she has become such great company. She keeps me so entertained. While I was cleaning out my closet this week she just hung out with me and pushed her stuffed animals around in the laundry basket, and begged me to turn the music on so we could dance while we cleaned. It made cleaning much more bearable.

12. That Bryan was willing to talk to Cinderella, Aurora and Jasmine on Julia's pretend cell phone and discuss things such as what color of dress or bows are our favorite. And that we get to go to Disney on Ice this week! I think I am more excited than Julia.

13. Pinkie Pie, Minty, Firecracker, Strawberry, Cupcake, Chocolate, Sweetheart and Flower. These are Julia's ponies and they keep her occupied for many minutes at a time. She takes them everywhere and when she has them they keep her very busy. I can take her to aerobics and she will sit in her stroller and play with ponies. The first thing in the morning she wants is her ponies. They fit perfectly into backpacks, purses, bowls, cups, cars anything a little two year old's imagination can come up with and I never get sick of listening to her play with them and I never get sick of how they occupy her time. They are seriously my best friends.

14. My piano. My mom gave me her old piano when I got married and I am very thankful that it helps me make a living that I really enjoy and that it fills my home with music. I am so glad to have it.

15. That Bryan took time to make me a candy gram for Valentines Day. He spent alot of time and effort coming up with clever ways to arrange the candy and it made me very happy.

16. That I finished reading the book club book early this month and I might get to squeeze in another book before I need to start the next one. I stayed up late last night and finished and I must say there are few things I enjoy more than being able to stay up later than Julia and Bryan and just read a book for a little while, even if it means I am much more tired the next day. It's a little bit of time for myself that I really like.

17. That the end of the week was much warmer than the beginning. I don't love Ohio winters but I do like that we are always given a few nice days mixed in with the really cold ones. I think it makes me appreciate spring so much more. I made Julia try on some of the new summer clothes I bought her. I am getting excited for the warmer weather.

18. That I get to have another little girl and have her and Julia wear matching outfits. For some reasons the prospect of my two girls in the same cute outfit with the same cute bows in their hair makes me very excited. Though, I did have a dream last night that I had a really ugly baby with long nasty red hair all over it's back and I kept forgetting to feed it. Do any of you have crazy pregnancy dreams? I seem to have them frequently.

19. That my bed is so inviting at night and I always get to have a full night's sleep. I know that will be coming to an end soon and so I am appreciating it all the more right now.

20. That I have such a great family. Not only my husband and daughter, but Bryan's parents and siblings and my parents and siblings. I am really blessed to be realted to such wonderful people and I always miss being closer to them.

Okay this went on much longer than I planned but by the time I got to fifteen I figured I may as well push it to twenty. I hope you all have a great week!

11 comments:

Monica said...

I love your attitude about life! You are so positive and I love that you listed all that you are grateful for. It is the little things that bring the most happiness, I think! Aiden would love to play with Julia this week, so I will call you. Also, my mom bought the baby hair bows... I'll tell you more info later.

Unknown said...

Great post Annie...isn't it amazing how much better life can be when you just take a second and focus on the good? Especially when there's SO much good!

Lisa said...

That was great Annie - you reminded me about so many of the great things about my own life. Thanks!

Heather said...

I remember all too well the horribly LONG wait until match day. I know you'll end up in a great place and make the most of wherever you are!

alliehoopes said...

How cool are YOU? 84 cool. That's how. I'm with you on the leggings and the staying home and the daddy's that love their girls.

Sarah Walton said...

That was a great list Annie! thanks for the reminder of all the wonderful things to be grateful for. And yes, two little girls are the Best!

Noelle said...

Great list Annie, I'm jealous you guys get to go to Disney Princesses on Ice--what a fun family memory! (I'm sure Bryan is going to love it!)

Nicole said...

What a fun list!!! I loved reading it and having it remind me of so many great things in my life. Thanks!!

kiki comin said...

what a fun post! you really helped me remember some things i am thankful for too..so thanks!:)

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Thanks for being our friends and giggling and playing with Alyssa. Can't wait to hear Bryan's reaction/play by play of Disney on Ice. I greatly enjoy cottage cheese with corn chips--like chips and salsa, just dip in cottage cheese. Sounds weird, but so tasty. I grew up with my dad eating that combo--J.R. thinks I am nuts, but you will have to try it.

Kandice said...

Such a great idea! Your family is so darling and we will miss you when you are gone. Way to go on the potty training. Maybe we could get Julia and Brinlee together, so Julia could teach her a thing or two.