Wednesday, February 20, 2008

You Might Be Crazy IF...

Well it was a little bit warmer on Sunday and I think it even got up to fifty degrees, so we decided we would venture out while the rain had stopped. We put Julia's ladybug rainboots on and let her walk in the puddles. We foolishly did not anticipate the number of puddles, or the depth. So here is a picture after we had returned home. You can see the water on the stairs. That is the water that was inside her boots by the time we got home. You can see that her pants are a different color than her shirt. That is because they were completely soaked through and through. You can see the black knees. That is because we took multiple spills in the deep puddles. So it may has well have been July in the swimming pool for how wet we ended up on the end of our walk.


This is Julia getting ready to jump-or trying to avoid walking in soaking wet pants. I'm not quite sure. Do you like Julia's awesome outfit? Yeah I am proud of it. the Australia had was a nice touch. I don't think there is one piece of matching clothing on her. Oh well, let the kid be a kid I say.
Here is one of the gigantic puddles. She was in pure heaven. I kept asking her if her pants were wet and she would say, "No, not wet." I would ask her if she was cold, "No, not cold." Even though when I got her home we took a warm bath and she just layed under the warm water trying to de-thaw.
Ooohh, puddles were even in the grass. These were the puddles that were higher than her boots and thus resulted in the 1/2 inch water that collected there.
Bryan and I had the greatest time watching her. We were out there far longer than we should have been, but she was just having so much fun and was singing and talking to herself while getting soaking wet. Bryan told me that these were the times that you just have to let them play hard-soaking wet or not.
Yeah, this was the result a few times. Her boots (thanks Adam and Camille again-you can see we are getting VERY good use out of them) are a little big and therefore she isn't always too sturdy on her feet so she fell several times. She would then just wait there for us to help her because she didn't want to touch the water. It seemed to defeat the purpose, but as long as the water is just on the pants and not the hands I guess we are okay. She had so much fun and I actually made Bryan run back to our house to get the camera so we could take pictures and I would say they were well worth it. Great memories.

8 comments:

emilyy said...

How fun!!!!! Ethan would have LOVED that.

Brooke said...

I LOVE the boots! Julia looks like she is having the time of her life! I love that simple things can make little and big people happy! THanks for sharing!

Heather said...

I adore puddle jumping myself. I would have to have another adult with me to venture giving my kids the opportunity to "play hard" in the puddles, though.

kiki comin said...

i love watching my kids in puddles too...for some reason it is pure joy to them too! she is so cute.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Nice work Julia! Love that she will get soaking wet, but not put her hands in the puddles--silly kids!

The Teeples said...

What a fun time Annie!! I absolutely love when the weather is warm and you can send the kids out to splash in the puddles. You got some great shots.

Kimball Family said...

Hey, Annie! I am SO glad you posted to our blog. I didn't have your email address, so I haven't really been able to keep in touch. Your blog is awesome, and Julia is adorable! Congratulations on baby #2; that is very exciting.

We got your Christmas card; thank you. Unfortunately, I never got around to sending ours out...

Your family looks great, and I am so excited I will be able to keep in touch with you now. How is everything going? Are you guys still living in the same condo? If so, I assume you're still in the Hilliard ward? We still miss it there.

Have a great day!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Those pictures are so cute! Looks like she had lots of fun. I miss the days of walking in the warm weather. I guess that is something to look forward to.