Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Fun!

Happy Valentine's Day! We got ambitious and actually made cookies. Julia sat on the counter and was very helpful. She was so excited I would let her be part of the action. We both had our aprons on her Dora apron was particularly fashionable, my Australi apron was also particularly fashionable except it was quite ill fitting with the bulge in my stomach.



Julia is showing off the heart cookie cutters. She wasn't very helpful with this part, so I eventually had to get her down so I could do it quickly. I'm just not that patient of a mother. Sugar cookies take long enough, so I let her do like two and then she was done. but in the meantime of being done, she was walking down the stairs and took a small tumble, so in this next picture you can see the beautiful goose egg that she got. She looks more affected in this picture than she really is. It really was nothing that two sugar cookies couldn't cure-without frosting. Julia doesn't like the frosting. Just the cookies and the sprinkles. Weird kid. Happy Valentines to everyone out there. We are so blessed with such great family and friends and we love you all!


On another note....

For Family Home Evening this week we learned about Nephi and made the little puppets that are in February's Friend. Julia's favorite song is Nephi's Courage. We thought it was cute so we videoed it and hope that you enjoy it as much as we do. I know Bryan is going to be excited about his singing voice being on display for all to see and I know I enjoy the fact that Julia isn't wearing any pants. Julia knows the song, but some of the words come out a little funny. It sounds a lot like, "I will go I ill ooooo the dings the lord mamanads." She also seems really distracted by the Nephi puppet while she is singing as well, but she loves it and I love that she loves it so I hope you love it too!

6 comments:

Kara said...

I rather enjoyed Bryan's singing - and I'll have you know I sing EVERY song in primary! (when I pay attention to the words)

candice said...

so cute. i loved her singing.

alliehoopes said...

Awwww....I do love it too. Juice-la and Lily could totally share cookies. Lily would pick off all the frosting and leave the crumbles for Julia. Would she like that?

Sara said...

Annie! You are the cutest mom ever! Your little girl is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on the baby girl too! You will have to let me know what it is like to parent two kids! Aaahh! I am scared to death! I hope all is happy and well for you! Take Care!

Brian Adair Fam said...

So cute!! Julia is such a sweet girl!!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

We love Julia, she is so cute. Zach is a lucky boy!