Sunday, March 30, 2008

Baggie Taggie

I have seen this tag going around, praying that it would never come my way. I must say that my purse is one of my greater weaknesses in life. I see all these cute Coach purses being toted around, amongst other great designer names, and I have decided that I should be forbidden to own such a luxury item. My current purse was purchased at Kohl's a year and a half ago for 12 dollars. It has been working for me thus far, even though I know it is not trendy or cool by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, it is probably so infested with germs and who knows what, it should be doused in Lysol. So I should actually thank Jessica for tagging me because I think that tomorrow during Julia's playgroup I will go and shop for yet another inexpensive purse (because honestly the cheerio crumbs, smashed crackers and lingering stale cracker odor of the current purse does not allow me to have a fancy expensive purse). Oh the shame! I feel like I am a person that from the outside appears to have it all together but once you start digging you realize the truth. Then again most probably full on realize I do NOT have it all together. Anyways, here are the contents of my nasty purse:


Pile of trash including three receipts, two empty cheese stick wrappers, a fortune cookie wrapper from Noelle Bastian at the basketball game Friday night (sorry Phil for stealing your cookie), empty Pony fruit snack wrapper and a wrapper from a cereal bar that I give Julia for breakfast at aerobics.
wallet
checkbook
coupon for an Italian restaurant I want to remember to use
hand sanitizer
a smashed bag of grapes from the basketball game Friday night. Yeah that was an exciting find.
Three tubes of lip stuff that are probably like three years old, except for one that my sister gave me that is my favorite. Thanks Carli.
four crayons for distraction purposes
a little princess purse filled with Ponies for Julia's entertainment.
pen
the remote car opener that I still need to get programmed for my car and by keeping it in my purse I am under the false impression that one day I might actually get it done.
And last but not least a pack of gum, total necessity.

I know many of you may be thinking, cell phone? Ipod? Yes, Bryan and I live in the eighties and are without such luxury items. Hey, but here pretty soon we are going to making an income so maybe a cell phone is in the near future! Exciting times. Many more of you may be thinking wipes? emergency pair of panties for Julia? Tissues? Yes, these items would be practical, and yet...

So now that I have shared the embarrassing contents of my purse I now tag, if you actually read this long post, Heather T., Heather L., Kiki C., Kristi G., Aimei P., Renee C., Laurie A., and anyone else who feels up to sharing the contents of their purse.

On to other things....
I wanted to thank my Mother in law for the adorable Easter package she sent Julia this week. It included a big duck that quacks various songs. Julia LOVES it and has not stopped playing with it. It really makes her laugh and it is so sweet for you to be thinking of her! Bryan also appreciates very much the birthday money. We already bought him a new watch, which he desperately needed. Thanks again!

As you can see the duck is not the only thing she loved. I had her open the package right before lunch, which was a mistake. I don't think M&M's and jellybeans are an appropriate lunch, so we saved them for dessert, much to Julia's great disappointment.
Julia playing with the duck.
Just a cute picture of Julia this week. I am anxious for spring and have been layering her spring clothes and I thought this was cute, so of course I took a picture. 3 dollars at Target, woohoo!

7 comments:

Melani said...

Ha! I don't know if you saw mine, but my bag was about 3 x's the size of yours and contained my entire house. I did throw away all the wrappers before taking the picture. :) Your so funny. By the way Julia has the most beautiful smile I have ever seen! So cute!

Dehner Family said...

I got Morgan that exact same brown shirt from Target for $3. I was so excited until I tried it on her and you could see her you know whats on her chest. All I need is a shirt to layer under it - duh... So cute!

Monica said...

so funny. i loved reading the purse tag. don't worry.. i don't even use a purse at the moment. all of my belongings are in a huge diaper bag with who knows what thrown into it! cute pics of julia.. she really needs to come to my house to play this week.

Unknown said...

Well, I didn't even know what a Coach bag was till like a year ago and my bag was like $15 so I'm worse than you. And tell Bryan thanks for being the ref Saturday...no one wants to do that so tell him it was appreciated!

Nicole said...

This cracked me up. Yeah...I didn't know what coach was either until about 1 1/2 years ago. So I am glad your friend is with me on that! And Kohls has great prices, what can I say? That's where my purse is from too. :) Jeff and I are very jealous you got to hang out with Phil and Noelle. We miss them! And Julia is so dang cute. SO cute!

Noelle said...

love it. It's funny we were just talking about purses at Friday's game too! I'm glad Julia liked the fortune cookie, I assure you, Phil wouldn't have eaten it.

Cara said...

super cute shirt...now I have the urge to go Target shopping.