Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Big Blizzard

So it was the big one. They say the biggest storm since what, like 1910. So they cancelled everything and Columbus completely shut down. Church was cancelled and so we spent all day Sunday just hanging out. Julia did not get out of her pj's all day long. As we were sitting, getting a little stir crazy, Julia asked me about the baby in my belly. She told me that there was a baby in her belly too and she put her rubby ball in her shirt (She calls it a rubby ball which in and of itself makes me laugh. Rubby ball is a funny word, especially when it is in a two year old's high pitched voice). I am glad that my belly isn't shaped like a rubby ball because that would look a little freaky. So on to outside activities...

This was Saturday while we were getting blasted. We braved the outside and didn't make it long because the blowing snow got a little annoying. I think the drift hanging off of my car is pretty cool though. I am from Evanston, WY where it really snows, so this isn't anything I haven't seen before but it is certainly something I haven't seen for a really long time.

We have a little sled that we pulled Julia around on. She looks stylish in her sunglasses. She enjoyed being in the snow.


Here we are shoveling ourselves out. We are thankful that Bryan has four wheel drive. Well here's to the great storm and hopefully clear roads on Monday!



1 comments:

Laurie Gustafson said...

I love all of the pictures in the snow! This will be such a fun memory for all of us of the "big blizzard of 08!" Tell Brian good job on the cave!