I went to Enrichment last night and so Julia and Bryan had a little daddy daughter time. Bryan has been on an easier rotation this month and has been home much more frequently, so he has quickly become Julia's very favorite person. He is the person she asks for first in the morning and the person she wants to put her to bed at night. I love it and am not complaining at all. So they were both very excited about their date while mom was away. The night started with an exciting game of hide and seek. Can you find Julia? She comes up with such clever hiding places, and she makes it even more difficult by hiding in the same spot every time. When Bryan goes looking for her she just giggles. She can't stand the anticipation. He'll look in the closet, "Is Julia in here?" The giggles begin and don't stop until she reveals herself and runs in circles.
For the big date Bryan took Julia to McDonalds and Walmart-two very exciting places. He got her a happy meal with the apples and he said she ate every bite, which is very uncommon for Julia. And since the weather was so warm she even got to play on the playground. They then went to Walmart, and when I got home from Enrichment I discovered Julia had easily talked her dad into buying her this...
Bryan assured me it was only thirty dollars and he was really tempted to get her a princess suitcase as well. "I just can't help myself!" So Julia was VERY excited about her new bike, and I wasn't too upset because Bryan doesn't buy her things very often and a bike is a functional toy that she needed. She is even figuring out the pedals. While Bryan was putting the bike together, I told Julia she had to get in her pj's. She had a complete breakdown and was so worried I wasn't going to let her ride the bike. I don't think that Bryan could have possibly made her happier.
We are now displaying the McDonalds toy that Julia got. Does McDonalds secretly know the greatest desires of Julia's heart? A pony! She has been playing with it like crazy. Isn't McDonalds great that way? Not only do they fill your child with greasy food but they almost always give a great toy! Julia obviously had the time of her life and we are so lucky to have a daddy that loves her so much and is so great with her. It has been the best having him home more often. Julia would definitely agree that he is the best daddy ever.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




8 comments:
how fun! i love it when dad's spoil their kids..it's so great!
So cute! I love the pictures! Eric was just telling me today that we should get Bella a bike or something. Random. I still remember a daddy-daughter date I went on when I was 9 or so. Those are special times.
Way to be.
Now Zach and Juila can ride off together into the sunset on their matching bikes! I also like that you are exposing Julia to "different" types of people by taking her to Walmart, fun and educational! Nice work Bryan.
Jansen has that exact same bike! We have to get them together to ride them. Oh and I jsut saw...Zach too!
That's cute about the hide and seek, Ethan does the same thing. At least julia covers herself in a blanket. Ethan just puts a pillow over his head.
J.R. would like a night out with Bryan as well--he probably wouldn't mind Walmart and McD's either. Thanks to Julia for sharing her new bike with Alyssa for her to try and "do it!"
I am so glad they got to have a date. Love the easy rotations! Match day, here you come...
Dads are the best! I wish I didn't have my crazy kids during enrichment so I could have visited with everyone... You looked so cute with your little belly!
Post a Comment