I forgot I had to add these pictures as well. Bryan built a tunnel on our deck and Julia was very excited about it. When it snows like this I think the child comes out in you and Bryan just couldn't resist. I was really skeptical as to whether it would cave in or not, but it held up really well. Julia was even brave enough to venture in and I got some really great pictures.

This is the snowman. We haven't built a snowman yet this year and so we thought we definitely needed one seeing as this is going to be the last snow of the season (yes that is very very wishful hoping!) We used the traditional carrot for a nose but had to get creative with the eyes and buttons. If you look closely you can see that they are sliced olives. The ball of snow on top of the snowman's head is Julia's addition. She felt it needed to be there and who are we to stop her creativity. So even though having to stay inside made us a bit stir crazy it was fun to experience a really good snowfall and get to enjoy it for a bit. I do think it is going to melt quickly, so I'm glad that we got to enjoy it.





13 comments:
Love the pictures! Yep, we were doing about the same thing (except for the rubby ball) down the street. Although, I'm sure Eric is jealous of Bryan's tunnel. We'll have to come check it out before the snow melts. Here's to warmer weather!
So clever, I never would have thought to use olives!
oh, i love the snow man . . . and olives is a great idea!
I laughed about you saying that the kids comes out when it snows. Ben put quite bit of effort into making an igloo in our backyard. lol, it was pretty cool though. I'll have to post pics of it on my blog.
Yep, our backyard had 3 tunnels, a bunker (??), 2 forts, a giant hill and choochoo train tracks. Ahhhhh....Wyoming. And olives.
The cave looks awesome!
Nice tunnel. We made a cave, but it wasn't nearly as cool as yours. I was scared a tunnel would cave in, but apparently we just need your engineering skills!
nice...i think making caves puts our husbands back to the good ol times, cuz mine made one too. cute pictures...i love getting fun pics in the snow, however, i am also SO ready for spring!:)
Annie! I am so happy you found my blog!! What a beautiful family you have! Your little girl is such a doll! I hope everything is going well fo you! Keep in touch!!
Okay, so the snow tunnel was really cool. I'm glad you're having fun with the cold....thank you very much for showing me that YES, it could be worse. Spring hasn't hit us completely yet, but at least we have clear skies even though it's chilly and windy. :)
Have a great day!!!
I tell you what. Every time I listen to the weather and it speaks of sbow in Ohio I just think to myself, "I prefer the rain!" I'm sorry that you are all having such a bad time of it. Spense and I were laughing about how it would probably take the condo association a couple of weeks to clear. I remember the winter Olivia was born how we had to call and complain because we were scared we would be stuck in the car with a wife in labor. I hope that you're now getting more for your $135 than you were back then, but somehow I doubt it!
I was trying to figure out why that snowman looked so much better than most. I think every snowman should have a ball of snow on their heads. Way to go Julia!
I wish I were there to shimmy though the snow tunnel.
Nice work in the snow! But, I sure am glad it's beginning to melt away for summer!
Post a Comment