Easter came quickly this year, and I wish the weather was warmer, but on Friday we had an Easter Egg hunt with some friends in the ward. Julia was very excited about it and never complained about the cold. She just ran and found as many eggs as she could and ate pretty much all of the candy inside before we even got home.
Julia and Hannah getting ready to hunt for eggs.
Yesterday we dyed eggs in anticipation of Easter today. I don't know if this is uncommon, but our Easter Bunny hid real eggs when we were growing up. We would dye several dozen eggs and they would be hidden in the morning. With Julia, we've requested that plastic eggs be hidden just because of the crushing that might occur on the real eggs, but maybe next year we can hide the real eggs. We decided to dye eggs anyways, and I spoiled Julia rotten and got her princess egg dye. It came with a crown and tons of princess stickers.
Julia is dying the eggs. I am not a very brave mother, and so I didn't let her do too much with the dye. I wasn't sure if I wanted her to have green and pink hands for several days, so we let her be in charge of the princess stickers, which she was very happy about.
Our finished products with the shirt back on. Our eggs turned out beautiful covered in glitter, Belle and Cinderella. I hope you enjoy the fact that you can tell Julia is yelling, "CHEESE" in every single picture. We are making effort to get her to just smile, but this is about all we can get.
Proudly displaying her creation. I think that pink is her favorite.
Julia looking oh so cute in her Easter dress. Her Grandma gave it to her at Christmas time and I have been saving it for Easter. I made flower barrettes for her hair and though I'm sure they looked huge, I thought she looked very pretty. Thank you Grandma for the adorable dress!
Covey Seely
6 years ago




5 comments:
hey palmers! i just looked at your blog in the first time in a while and i just think you are all the cutest. thanks for being such great examples to us of how you can still be so functional and happy through the med school process! we missed you all at easter but we're happy that you're able to stay in Riverside like you wanted too.
What a cute easter dress! Exciting news about your match. YAY!
I love how pleased she is with the princess eggs--the little things that make them so happy. Julia looks darling in her dress, and I love the flowers to match in her hair!
I'm a little bit in love with the pink shirt she's got on next to all the eggs. Maybe my friend Annie will email me where it came from. A girl can hope :)
Ok I absolutely LOVE that dress! What a fun Easter. Looks like Julia had a great time!
Post a Comment