Saturday, October 6, 2007

A Big Day For Julia!



Today is a big day. Last night Julia was driving me nuts because she still takes a binky to sleep and she kept dropping it out of her crib and I had to go in her room several times to give it back to her. So this morning I told her that she was a big girl and that we needed to throw our binky away. She was really excited about being a big girl and so she walked down with me and threw them away and we threw them out in the dumpster. I must admit I was wondering if I made a good choice or if I was ready for this after we did it. I wasn't sure what I was going to be up against when it came nap time. But I continued to motivate her all day. She is obsessed with kitties and so we got her a stuffed kitty and told her she gets to take that to nap and bed instead of a binky because she is a big girl. So at naptime we walked upstairs and I gave her the kitty and laid her in bed. She then asked for her binky and was sad when I reminded her of their demise in the dumpster. She cried for probably fifteen minutes but then she went to sleep! I was so relieved. I hope she keeps it up. I am so proud of her. In the video she spells her name which she just started doing and I had to get it on video. She also tells you of her exciting day of getting rid of the binky. I can't believe how big my little girl is getting!







The cute lady bug boots that Julia is wearing in all of the pictures are from her Uncle Adam and Aunt Camille. They sent them for their birthday and she loves loves loves them. Thank you Adam and Camille. We love you and as you can see Julia LOVES the boots. I couldn't think of a better gift.

4 comments:

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Way to go Julia!! I have to say though, my favorite part of the video is when she topples over in the middle--too funny.

Kara said...

I'd have to say Julia is one of the cutest little girls I have ever seen!

Rachel said...

Wow! She is better than Kennedy, all she knows is that her name starts with K! I am really impressed, although I expected that she would have yours and Bryan's smarts!

Heather said...

Congrats on the binky! We cut one of Sienna's last month trying to get rid of it, but she did not do well. I only lasted 3 days of no naps and screaming nights before I dug up an old binky for her to sleep with. When is my next attempt? Probably after our trip to the Smokies this month. I'm so glad Julia did so well.