We had a Halloween cookie party tonight with our Med School friends. Many have been gone on away rotations and the crazy interview time is coming up and so we decided we needed to get every one together. When I told Julia that her friends were coming over she spun in circles until she got dizzy she was so excited. When they came she would spontaneously start counting how many friends there were. I made tons of sugar cookies last night and was covered in flour by the end of it. Bryan asked me halfway through what I would do if they didn't turn out. Oh ye of little faith, they turned out fine. Atleast I'm pretty sure the kids thought so.
This is Dr. Ethan and Julia on the floor eating cookies. It was really hard to get them to sit still for a photo, but we atleast got them looking at the camera. Ethan would only eat the frosting and sprinkles off his cookie. So cute.
This is Cassie the pony. She was in love with Julia's stuffed kitty and was so distraught when she had to give it back. It really is a beautiful kitty.
This is my spider princess. She was so pumped when I told her that we were going to put her costume on. She ran right to the closet and started pulling it down. She even wore her spider crown the entire night.
The colorful pumpking decor. I know, it's lame, but it kept the kids really occupied for a long time. By the end of the night they had been thrown in the air, sat on, stood on, and chewed on. Needless to say they were completely flat by the end of the night. I was amazed at how flat.
Yummy cookies. The pumpkin plates were a favorite of Julia's. She kept sneaking them throughout the night. We found her at one point with the plate and a tube of sprinkles. Let's just say that was a mess. A delicious mess, but a mess nonetheless. Julia cleaned all the sprinkles pretty quickly.
Alyssa the cute ladybug and Ethan. Alyssa would steal bites of cookie throughout the night. Her mom was curious how she got frosting all over her face. She's sneaky that one.
Now Ethan knows how to eat a cookie. Julia was quite concerned about how to go about eating hers without making too big of a mess. I must say she ate the entire thing without a bit of frosting on the dress. I am very proud.
My cute girl. I must say Halloween has been so fun because of her. She is loving every minute of it. Thank you to all my Med friends for coming and bringing your cute kids! We also had an elephant, frog and another lady bug, but getting pics of that many kids together is impossible. But we had a great time and hopefully the year won't pass too quickly that we can't do it again soon before everyone is off to residency. This year has gone too fast already.




7 comments:
Annie-
I love the promptness and dedication you have to blogging!!! I was just scanning through the usual blogs before heading off to bed, not expecting to see anything new, when I saw that you had already put the pictures up from tonight's party. Now that is a true blogger.
It was so fun tonight and the kids were so cute in there costumes. I love the pictures you took. I need to get the ones of Ethan from you.
What cute costumes! That looks like a lot of fun. :)
I am so intrigued and baffled by how different kids can be. Jansen wants nothing to do with costumes. Julia looks awesome!
The Spider Princess....Loved the crown...I can't believe how big she is getting, makes us miss her even more.
i love that crown! she was so cute!:0)..and i'm glad your cookies turned out!
so funny...make her wildest dreams come true...did you know that's a Napoleon quote? I'm still laughing that she licked the book too. I was checking your blog to make sure you knew about Jared's blog--I see you already knew. (Angie's sis. Laura knows him--I remember him from CP)
Loved the kid pumpkin decor. How nice for you that Julia doesn't like to get her clothes messy. . .
Post a Comment