Friday, June 6, 2008

Graduation Day!

I can't believe that it finally happened! Four years have flown by and my husband is an official doctor! I can't even begin to express how proud I am of him and all that he's accomplished. It was such an emotional day to see all of the hard work and sacrifice finally pay off. We have been through so much the past four years and it was a great way to celebrate such a significant accomplishment. Congratulations Bryan and I must say you make a very handsome graduate!



The grad with his cute girls. Audrey was such a gem during the insanely busy day and Julia did well with the sitters. I was a little nervous about taking the baby, but she did so well and let me enjoy the entire graduation as she slept soundly.
Our little family. It is crazy to think that when we started this journey it was just the two of us and now we have a family of four. I don't think we could have possibly imagined we would be so blessed or how much our children would mean to us. I do believe in many ways this has been a group effort and we are so blessed as a family.My parents came to enjoy the graduation. For those of you that know my dad you can see that he has his D.G.'s on top of his head and his reading glasses around his neck. He's ready to face the sunny day and read any book at a moment's notice. Also you can see that we are all looking in different directions in these pictures. I think we had four cameras going at once so each person is looking at a different camera.
Bryan, his mom and Glen. We are so glad that everyone was able to come and support Bryan on his big day. Bryan's mom did such a fantastic job raising him. I also want to thank my parents for the support they have given us and for always being there. Our family has given us so much support and love the past four years and it has meant so much to us.
I totally stole this picture from Emily, but I am so glad she took a picture of everyone. We are going to miss all of our good friends that are leaving and Bryan couldn't have asked for a better group of guys to graduate with. Congratulations everyone!

The officially hooded graduate, Dr. Bryan S. Palmer. I didn't expect how emotional I would get! I was teary eyed a good portion of the night. I am just so stinkin' proud I can't stand it!
Yeah! We did it! We want to thank everyone that reads this because I can assure you that you have meant so much to us. We are so so blessed with such amazing family and friends. I hope you know how much we love you and appreciate all that you have done for our family! Now bring on residency and let's see what the future brings!

For those of you that understandably couldn't make it, here's a video of Bryan getting hooded.





And just because I can't help myself...

18 comments:

Nicole said...

Congrats!!!! What a HUGE accomplishment for BOTH of you!!! Good luck with residency. And your girls are so dang adorable. I can't get over Audrey's hair. SO cute. love all her little bows too!

Phillips Family said...

How many glasses does one man need!!??

We are very happy for Dr. Palmer and proud of all that he accomplished. Thanks for being a great brother-in-law.

P.S. We can't wait to have some medical problems so we can have free medical advice...for the women.

Unknown said...

I'm half way there! We will need to spend lots of time together these next few crazy years!

Jody said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! To all four of you!! I think that when you get your Doctorate congrats goes to the hard working student (Bryan), congrats goes to the #1 supporter(ANNIE),congrats goes to Julia who made you smile on those rough days of medical school, and congrats goes to Audrey for letting you deliver her.. That is way exciting.. Dr. Palmer we already know that your are an amazing Dr. Can't wait for the rest of the world to find that out!! They won't know what to do with someone so smart and on top of things.. Wish that we could of been there to help celebrate. We are proud of you and your family!!! We can't wait for you to come and visit. Geoff and I think that Audrey and Jenna kind of look alike. She is one beautiful little girl, just like her big SIS.. Hope you're not still locked in the bedroom. WE LOVE YOU TONS!! Glad that you had such a special day and that some family was there to celebrate with you..

Jody said...

Oh, By the way thanks for videoing it!! It made us fill like we were there... It brought tears to my eyes because I know how hard you have worked towards this!! We're so PROUD of YOU!!

Ryan & Amanda said...

I wish I could have been there!! Man, I am so proud of you both. Bryan it is a whole lot of work studying etc. and Annie it is a lot of work supporting him and many nights alone taking care of Julia. Congratulations!! Annie you have every right to be teary eyed. I am sure this is a day you have been looking forward to for a LOONG time! Love you guys and Audrey and Julia both look adorable!

Phillips Family said...

Jody's comments were better than ours...so, we ditto what she said.

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Congrats guy's. We are so happy for you. Now when Zach marries Julia I can tell him to go ask his rich doctor father-in-law for some cash:) Only four more years!!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Glad everything went well with family in town for graduation. It was really nice of Glen to come help pack the truck as well. Good thing Bryan graduated with flying colors--J.R. says he will fly Dr. Palmer specially out to deliver our babies:). We are REALLY going to miss you guys!!

J said...

Felicidades Vaquero Tranquilo! Congratulations! I am happy for you and proud to know you. Thanks for posting the video... felt like I was there.

emilyy said...

I emailed you that picture of the guys did you get it. I have another one of just Scott and Bryan on my mother-in-laws cammera, I'll send it to you when I get it. You look great by the way and Audrey is so cute, I can't wait to see her again.

Sara said...

Annie! You look SO great (I hope to look half as georgous as you after having a baby)! Your girls are so beautiful! Congrats on the graduation!

Melani said...

Wow, Congrats to both of you. I'm so envious of you guys right now. That is so exciting. By the way, you couldn't have two CUTER little girls. They are so beautiful!

Noelle said...

Yay! Congratulations!!!

Heather said...

It's a day you'll always remember. Congrats to all of you on a fantastic accomplishment.

Bryan and Ellie said...

Congratulations Dr. Palmer, MD. Now, I have this odd twitch in my left leg muscle...

Bryan

Dehner Family said...

Congrats! I love the picture of Bryan and your girls. Audrey's bow is too cute.

John-David and Kathryn said...

Palmer's
Congrats. That is so exciting. It's seemed so weird to think we meet you guys in undergrad and now B palmer is a doctor. Go figure.