We had Audrey's one month check up this past week and let me tell you, this is one chunky girl. As I've seen her grow and change, I felt like she was getting those cute little fat rolls, but I had no idea. In four and a half weeks she has gained over three pounds and has grown nearly three inches. That is insane! She has these cute little fat rolls on her legs though that you could just squeeze. So Audrey weighs a hefty 10lbs 15 oz and is 22 1/4 inches long. Now you would think that if she is that chubby she should be sleeping through the night! I wish that were the case.
Now just so Julia isn't neglected, here are some of the things she's been up to lately. She is obsessed with the movie Peter Pan. She tells me that she is Peter Pan and that I am Wendy and that the crocodile is coming up the stairs. She has formed and irrational fear of the crocodile. He not only comes up the stairs but is often lurking under the bed downstairs. She told Bryan that I am beautiful like Wendy. Bryan asked her since she is Peter Pan is she beautiful like Peter Pan? She had to consider this for a minute but then decided she's beautiful like Wendy too. When she is supposed to be napping she is in her room playing Peter Pan, very loudly.
When asked who her prince is she responds, "Daddy, you my prince." Good answer.
When Julia's grandma was in town she asked Julia if she is a little bug. Julia answered, "I not a bug, I'm a princess."
Guess what else Julia is obsessed with.
Since we had Audrey, Julia has been struggling at bedtime. She goes to bed fine she just becomes ultra high maintenance. Whether it's a drink, song, book, cuddle, etc- she is bugging me. Finally after several times going to her room I warned her that she needed to stay in her bed and not get out or she would be in trouble. Soon she started screaming, "There's a spider!" "Spiders are in my room! I no like spiders!" I thought to myself that she had really hit a new low and I was going to ignore her. Finally after persistent screaming I went up to check on her. And sure enough there was a spider crawling up her wall right by her night light and since I had told her to not get off her bed she was cowered in the corner pointing at it with big tears falling down her face. Needless to say I felt very guilty and took care of the spider quickly. When Bryan asked Julia if she liked spiders she said, "I no like spiders, I just like little tiny spiders and butterflies and ladybugs and fuzzy catterpillars." 
She's a character and keeps us laughing always. I need to try and document more of her funny moments, because time goes too fast and you forget too quickly.
Covey Seely
6 years ago




6 comments:
those stories are so great! isn't it true that they grow up so fast! these posts are going to be so fun to look back on and read!:)
So cute! I love the stories, they made me laugh! Wow, Audrey is growing fast. She may pass all the other babies up! So fun!
Awww, how sad about the spider! I used to be afraid of that crocodile too.
Julia is so funny!! Paige actually did the same thing about bed at night, also, and we had to resort to a sleep chart. It worked wonders. Funny how stickers can help with almost anything! :0) The spider incident was so sad and funny...how that can be possible, I don't know! :0) I love all of the pictures!!
Our kids totally need to play with each other because Jackson is obsessed with pirates from Peter Pan and jocelyn is obsessed with Princess. i need to show you the princess tutu I just made Jocelyn. Julia would love it. You guys are going to have some tall beauties.
I can't believe one month has passed already! Your girls are growing fast these days--no turning back now!
Post a Comment