It was beautiful while it lasted. Fourth year has now come to an end. There will be less and less of this..
and this...
And a whole lot of this. Eighty average hours a week to be exact.
Here is Bryan in his new white coat. He officially started residency on Wednesday with orientation on Monday and Tuesday. He is really enjoying it. He really enjoys the people he is working with and Riverside is a great place to be.
I had to take a picture of this because it's just so crazy to me! Bryan got his official prescription pad and can now write prescriptions. I can't believe he can sign his name with an M.D. Time really has flown. So now that Bryan is spending his days at the hospital he gets to come home to this...
Our sweet girls. I wish that when he got home this is what he always saw, but I have to admit that is not the case. My first official week on my own has actually been pretty good. I was a little panicked about being on my own with two children, but I was able to take them both to the grocery store, library, some lame magic show and to Sam's Club to develop pictures. They both have done so well and I feel very fortunate to be able to get out with out any problems. Audrey is getting better at going to sleep on her own and taking the binky and Julia is doing very well playing on her own and helping me with cleaning and such. Audrey is easily consoled and doesn't cry too much. She is getting more responsive and even smiles sometimes.
That being said, I am still waiting for Audrey to do better at nights. Most nights she does pretty well but I believe fate is playing a cruel trick on me because the nights she's had four or five hour stretches of sleep I have been awakened by Julia needing to go potty, the noisy neighbors or the scariest storm in history with tornado sirens blaring, crazy lightning and thunder that shakes the entire house. But when everything else is quiet, that is when Audrey decides to eat at 2:00AM and not go back to sleep until 3:30AM, and then wake up every two hours after that grunting like crazy and tooting up a storm. So, those are the mornings that Julia, Audrey and I stay in bed until ten watching several episodes of Backyardigans so I can catch an extra 30 minutes of sleep. These are the days that I am running up and down the stairs, Julia is climbing all over me while I'm trying to feed Audrey, Audrey is screaming and while I am trying to put her to sleep Julia is jumping on the bed, when I tell her to leave the room she starts yelling, and when I leave Julia alone for a few minutes she manages to wedge her play cell phone antenna into the computer, and when I finally sit down to eat lunch Audrey wakes up. This combined with sleep deprivation does not make for a very patient mother. Most days aren't like that, but of course some days are.
When all is said and done, it's a good thing that as a mother you have a selective memory and that with all the bad days there are a million good ones. Just check out those beautiful girls. How could I not count my many blessings? We had to take this picture to show how much taller Julia is than Audrey. Audrey is getting so big so fast. Where does the time go?
I suppose that you can see I have a thing with flowers in the hair. I just can't resist the cute little headbands. 
Check out that belly! This outfit was given to us by Jason and Christie and is actually 3-6 months. So Audrey made it five and a half weeks in 0-3 month clothes. I have tall big girls!
Covey Seely
6 years ago




10 comments:
4th year really spoils you!! Sadly we are already feeling the effects and it was only orientation this week. Bryan looks so official in his long white coat! And your girls look darling as always. I love Audrey in the flower headbands too--man, she has got a lot of hair--lucky girl!
80 hours a week is madness. I remember the days when my kids were the ages of yours... It will be so nice in a year when they are running around as best friends!
80 hours is not a fair welcome after a nice long vacation! i am totally understanding your extra 30 minutes of sleep..that's what the backyardigans are for! if its any comfort, i am still doing that some mornings!:( however, waking up to your cute girls has to always be a plus!:)
It is pretty crazy that Bryan is an official doctor! Good luck, Audrey and Julia still look so cute!
I'm sorry the ease of 4th year is over, please let us help in any way.
I think those first few months with a new baby are all about survival! Do what you can to make it through the day! Thank goodness for TV at times like that!!!
Holy cow Annie! Your girls are beautiful! I love the picture of the two of them with the flowers in their hair. So fun. Wish we could have hung out with you guys more while we were in Ohio.
The girls are adorable and I to am obsessed with the flower headbands they are just so cute. I can't believe Bryan is a real doctor, that is crazy. I know he has worked very hard and so I am very happy for both of you. There is light at the end of the tunnel! Good luck with everything.
Looks like you and I need to get together. Congrats to Bryan.
Isn't it still so surreal!?
How are the girls? Hope all is well in C'bus!
Rave
Sounds like two is an adjustment! You are handling it beautifully! And even with a resident husband! Hope you are doing well! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment