Sunday, October 5, 2008

Nail Biter

Is it common for a two almost three year old to already be a nail biter? Julia bites her nails down to the nub. I haven't had to whip out the nail clippers for YEARS. So we had a talk about how princesses do not bite their nails. Bryan (an avid nail biter, I wonder where she gets it from) suggested that we paint her nails. So we had a little nail painting party and painted our nails and toes a beautiful shade of brownish red. (Yes I have even caught her trying to bite her toe nails, very lady like.)

At the end of the day I checked to see if Julia had made any progress. I discovered that not only had she continued the nail biting but most of the fingernail polish was gone as well. Julia's solution: "Next time paint my nails pink." That will certainly solve the problem, thank you for the advice. It's the pink nail polish that does the trick.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually pink just tastes better.

Phillips Family said...

Julia is so funny. Of course pink would do the trick...duh!!

Dehner Family said...

I feel so much better now. Morgan bites her nails to - and sometimes her toes. I tried polish and it would be gone too. Once in a while she'll surprise me and leave the polish on - but I need to remind her many times a day to not bite them. Good luck!

Ryan & Amanda said...

Glad to know I am not the only one who bites my nails. Maybe it is just that I haven't painted my nails pink- maybe I should try that!

Jody said...

Do you think pink would work for Hankie too? HA HA Good to talk to you. Kiss those girls for me..

Noelle said...

That's hilarious. She just likes pink better. :) I hate to say it but my little sister used to bite her toenails too.

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Isn't it funny what habits and quirks they develop? Hope the pink polish helps next time!