Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Do you think they look mischievious? Um, I think so! At the tender age of nearly three, Julia's got more boyfriends than she can keep up with. It looks like I am in some trouble when she becomes a teenager! Or if she's anything like me, there will be no trouble. We had so much fun watching the football game with our good friends the Yeates. Ethan is such a good friend to Julia and we are sad to think next year they will be in Cleaveland. Buckeye season is always my favorite time of year, and these two couldn't look any cuter in their little outfits.
Speaking of game day. I am always looking for new recipe ideas and a friend of mine (thanks Kandice) had this website on her blog. It is great for getting ideas and simplifying your weekly grocery list. Well I found a recipe for BBQ cups and made them last night. Dinner was started and on the table in about twenty minutes and Bryan loved it. they would also make a GREAT game day snack for your guests. So I thought some of you out there may be a bit like me, and like a really fast and yummy dinner.

BBQ Cups

1 can refridgerator biscuits (I used the jumbo reduced fat ones, yes I know I'm healthy)
BBQ sauce
Meat (I used 2/3 lb of ground beef but this would be a great use of left over roast or chicken)
shredded cheese
Muffin tin

Open can of biscuits (this is always a SCARY task. I am always scared of the exploding can). Take biscuits and press them down in the un greased muffin tins. I pressed pretty good, so they came up over the edges a bit. Brown your meat and add approx. 1/2 cup BBQ sauce or as much/little as you want. Spoon the meat inside the biscuits. Add a little cheese on top. Bake 400 degrees for about twelve minutes and you have this...
I know it looks like a professional photographer took this picture (or not.) They look so pretty when they come out and are so yummy (despite the photo skills.) You should try them!

Also while I'm talking food. This last Saturday I made a trip to Kuhlwein's Farm Market. It is located off of Alton Darby, near Renner road (1859 Walker Road.) I don't have a garden so I try and stop by for fresh produce every so often. The tomatoes, green beans and zuchinni were the best I've ever had! I don't usually like tomatoes on salad, but I couldn't get enough. I am always a fan of supporting local farmer markets, so if you get a chance you should go. They also have pumpkin picking for a reasonable price with the hay ride. It is SO close you should take advantage (that is if you live in Ohio, otherwise disregard this message.)

11 comments:

Scott and Melanie said...

I miss Buckeye football! Scott and I had to watch the USC game by ourselves (I guess we chose to! There are WAY too many USC fans here!). I miss you too Annie! Julia looks so cute! Looks like everything is going well for you! Sorry we missed in you in Utah. It seemed like you sure had a lot going on! Things are going good here! I really need to update my blog.... :)

Dehner Family said...

Go Julia! Lip locking at such a young age. Thanks for the recipe - I'm always looking for new ones.

Ryan & Amanda said...

Julia must take after Bryan with the kissing! They both do look soo cute in their outfits! Thanks for the fast recipe, I love anything I can make simply and quickly and still have them taste good!

Jody said...

Julia,

Dylan and Brooke were upset with the kissing.. They both said is that Julia really kissing.. She must not be a Phillips they don't usually do that unless there in there 20's.. Just kidding.. She sure is cute. What about Audrey? Thanks for the recipe you always have good ones.. Hey cute room decorations.. Can you stay a little longer next time and help me out. Love Ya

David and Kristi Gailey said...

I just have to say that Zach was a little upset that he has been gone only a month and Julia has already moved on. She is a player just like her dad:) We need to get together.

Noelle said...

Thanks for the tip...I've wanted to find a good farmer's market around here...

emilyy said...

I crack up every time I see that picture of the two munchkins making-out. It will be a good black mail for when he gets older. Thanks for the recipe, I think I'll make them this week they sound so good!!!!

Ryan & Amanda said...

Just wanted to say thanks again for the recipe. I made it for dinner tonight and Ryan and I both really liked it!

Melinda said...

Annie, you crack me up. My mom has a recipe like that one and we nicknamed them meat cupcakes. Appetizing, huh? I also love your professional photography skills. ;)

Ryan & Amanda said...

Phillip would like to tell Julia that she can't kiss until she is at least 16 if not 23.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Annie, you always make me laugh with your insight--I too get scared of opening those exploding cans! Watch out for that Ethan and Julia--they both are looking so old and adorable, let alone the smooching going on!