Friday, October 3, 2008

Rice Cereal Here We Come

I remember the very day Julia turned four months I was so excited and gave her rice cereal that very night. I was so excited for each new milestone, and seeing her get bigger. With Audrey this has totally changed. I tried putting off rice cereal. Giving rice cereal means that she's growing up and I have learned with Julia that they grow up way too fast. I feel like it is all just slipping away too quickly and it kind of breaks my heart. But, we had three blow outs in one day and I thought rice might bind things a bit and save me a bit of laundry (too much information, I know.) So we decided it was time to admit that our little baby is growing up.Does she like it?

I think so! It was a complete success. She LOVED it.
This is the face that completely makes my day. I now know why Julia is in her face all day. Because I am in her face all day. I just can't kiss her enough.

10 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Soon she will be so big that she will be wrestling with Julia.

Kimball Family said...

I can't agree with you enough: they grow up too fast! My sweet little Claira will turn 1 in just a few weeks. It makes me want to cry. Where does the time go?

Dehner Family said...

I love big toothless grins. She is so sweet. Congrats on rice cereal - I hope it helps with the laundry situation.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure what Jansen is going to think about those other photos. You know, the ones with the "other" guy.

kiki comin said...

ummm...is that audrey in her bumbo chair??? yay, if its working!:) and good luck with the "binding" part!haha

Ryan & Amanda said...

She is so cute! My moma and Phil are looking at this with me and we all loved the big smiles!

natalie palmer said...

what a cutie. they do grow up WAY too fast! oh and tell julia that i'm totally a pink nail polisher. always have been and always will be! ;) we miss you guys!

Melinda said...

I feel the same way about rice cereal. It's kind of a love/hate relationship. I loved how I got feeding time to be a quick affair finally but then I had to throw some rice cereal into the mix and things got more complicated. I hope it binds for you. ;)

Cara said...

Audrey is getting so big! So adorable. I love your blog background about Autumn...it reminds me of the preschool kids singing that Halloween song you taught them. (witches and ghosts...)

David and Kristi Gailey said...

I can't believe how big Audrey is getting. It makes me sad, we miss you guys (and Columbus) so much. You need to come visit. Julia and Ethan look so cute together, just don't let her forget about her other boyfriend Zachy boy. You guys look great, I'm looking forward to seeing you in person sometime!