Monday, October 27, 2008

One Eventful Weekend

It always seems like the Halloween season brings lots of activities and this weekend was certainly filled with those. I must first post a picture of my cute girls decked out in their Halloween gear. Adam and Camille sent these adorable shirts. We love them and I received many compliments on how cute the girls looked. Thank you!

So our eventful weekend began with an adult Halloween party on Friday night. It was actually the first time Bryan and I have been on a "date" (Audrey had to come with us but at least Julia-less) in over five months. It is the funnest party and we give a big thank you to the hosts
and hosts for such a great time. We consider you some of our very closest friends and always have such a great time with you.
The Doctor is in. With such a glamorous doctor as this, I think Grey's Anatomy will be calling for an audition any day now.Especially when they see this patient! Bryan was such a great sport and we decided we ought to pay homage to his profession and get decked out in patient/doctor costumes.
Mesh underwear, booties, baby and all. I must say there was a delivery or two happening at the party and we welcomed a healthy .3 pound baby dolly from Julia's toy box. Bryan wasn't too thrilled with the red wig, but it is the one that Julia picked out and the little red bow just tied it in all together so nicely. You would want your post-delivery pictures to be taken with out your hair fixed.

We partied at Barack Obama's. It was amazing to see him in person! The Comin's are way too clever with the costumes. We also have a Wayne and a bird watcher. We had such a great time doing games, singing and eating delicious food. Thanks again!

Saturday, Bryan was on call but it was the ward trunk or treat so I dressed the girls up and took them by myself. I swear it was 120 degrees in the building and we didn't last too long because honestly how much candy do we need ( I end up eating it all!) But it was great to see our friend's little costumes and Julia was thrilled with all the other little princesses running around.

My little Aurora.


Julia and the little piggy. I could just sqeeze that little piggy! They both looked so adorable in their costumes.


Sunday was the big primary program. I am the primary chorister and we have been working for weeks on all of their songs. The kids did SUCH a good job and I was so proud of them. Being the one Sunday that I needed Bryan, of course he was on call. And Audrey was feeling like this...But once again I had so many people willing to help (Kara I would be lost with out you and Megan you rock!) Audrey didn't scream like I was afraid she would (being sick) and Julia just sat and listened. I am always amazed at how reverent our primary is and how well they know all of the songs. They are such sweet examples of our Savior and I am so thankful I get to work with them and listen to their angelic voices each week.
After the program I was EXHAUSTED. So we took big long naps.

Today (not the weekend but we keep going) we had play group and I promised Julia we would do some fun Halloween activities. The kids made spider hats and couldn't look cuter in them. The instructions for the hats I got off Nicoles blog (thank you!).

We also made cookies (1 spice cake mix, 1 can of pumpkin and chocolate chips and viola. Easy for the kiddos to make). They had a great time and I couldn't love spending time with three little kids more than I do these three. They make my day.

Poor little sick Audrey got to wear a hat as well. We hope she gets feeling better soon. I hope everyone is having a Happy Halloween!

12 comments:

Phillips Family said...

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw Bry-hando's costume!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! I am still laughing. And as always, seeing such cute pictures of your kids makes me and Camille miss them a ton. They are too cute. Hope Audrey feels better soon.

Unknown said...

Tonight Jansen chased Nate around the house as a scary spider (wearing his hat of course.) And we ate all the cookies on the drive home from your house.

Ryan & Amanda said...

I love the costumes, especially the mesh undies! The party sounds like a lot of fun and of course Julia and Audrey look adorable in their costumes!

emilyy said...

Love the costume Bry. It is pretty hysterical.

Jody said...

You guys looked funny!! Now Bryan can almost truly know how his patients feel wearing the get-up, except maybe he should feel some of the recovery too... What a clever mom you are with the spider hats.... The girls are so cute in there costumes . Hope that you have fun trick-or-treating.. One day maybe we will live closer to us so we could do it together.

Jody said...

Where is Aurora's spider hat? Is Audrey doing better? I hope so..

Anonymous said...

You did such a great job on the primary program. You're a great chorister. It looks like you got to do all sorts of fun Halloweeny things! I hope Audrey gets better.

Kara said...

The primary program was so great, I loved holding Audrey - she was so cuddly!

candice said...

love the costumes! and the wig too :) i am glad that the "delivery" went well. the primary program turned out so good. you do such a good job. poor audrey. she looks miserable. poor you too. no fun with sick babies. hope she gets better.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

I think Bryan's picture just put Meg into labor--and the mesh panties put me into labor. I see hanging out with too many women is getting under your belly --J.R.

Nicole said...

Love the costumes. So funny. And your girls are as cute as ever. Glad that little Audrey is felling better! And Julia sure is a cute Aurora. :)
Glad the spider hats were a hit! We are loving them over here. :)

Have a Happy Halloween!

John-David and Kathryn said...

Love the photos. Got a great laugh out of that one.