Oh the joys of carving a pumpkin.
Julia has been so excited for every aspect of Halloween that it has made it more exciting for Bryan and I. I must be honest, I think I get into it all as much as Julia. We had a great time digging, gutting and carving our pumpkins. We even saved the seeds and I roasted them today. Julia thinks they taste a bit like popcorn. (I use butter and worschestershire, whatever I know I spelled it wrong, yummy.)
Julia's and Audrey's pumpkins. We gave Audrey's a long nose.
In Ohio they do something very interesting. They have "Beggar's Night" which was today (Oct. 30) rather than on Halloween. I suppose it's so the kiddos can trick or treat in our neighborhood on Beggars night and head to Columbus on Halloween night. Double the candy. Here is the little princess ready to go.
She looked so pretty and I think some of the people gave her extra candy just because she is so cute. Oh, and also because she traveled with an extra-cute little companion...
Oh, I just can't resist that little face. And she is feeling better (HOORAY!) The eye is clearing up and the smiles and giggles are coming back. I am one happy Momma.
Here we are in front of our pumpkins ready to knock on doors. Luckily, we didn't have to. Most people would sit out front in lawn chairs and pass out candy. Some wore spooky masks and Julia was VERY unsure. But most of the time she said, "trick or treat" and "thank you." She also pointed out to many that she is not Cinderella, but Aurora. Apparently the treat givers need to brush up on their princess characters.
Julia and Aiden getting the job done. He is such a cute little fireman.
Craziest thing. There were huge hot air balloons camped out on the big field right by our house. They were amazing and gigantic. I tried to get Julia to pose in the pictures but the pulsing fire freaked her out. When the fire pulsed it would light up the entire balloon in yellow and orange. It made for a great effect on a sunset sky. 
Here they are with the booty. Yes, Bryan joined in because we all know full well who will be eating at least half, if not 3/4, of the chocolate. Oh, Julia had such a good time. I thought holidays were so fun when I was little, but nothing beats sharing the fun and excitement with your children. It was a perfect night. Warm weather, good friends to greet and lots of candy. You certainly can't beat that.
Audrey decided she likes the Skittles the best. Julia wasn't too sure that this was a good idea.
And to wish you all a Happy Halloween, Julia is singing our Halloween song. My mom used to sing this with us when we were little. In addition, she is wearing the spider hat we made. Happy Halloween!!
Covey Seely
6 years ago




11 comments:
That sounds like a really fun idea to go around on 2 nights-get to wear the costume an extra time! Once again, they are soo incredibly cute all dressed up and I love the Halloween song- it is funny all the things you remember doing when you were little that you want to do with your kids!
Looks like you guys had fun carving pumpkins--and creative nose. I love the little piggy--Audrey looks so cute!! Glad she is feeling better too!
What cute Halloween costumes! I can't believe that you can already do Audrey's hair! She looks so grown up, in a baby kind of way. It's darling!
I am in love with the piggy costume! And you cannot find a prettier princess Aurora! I LOVE Halloween. I am so glad the kids are getting old enough to enjoy it! What a great night!
Too freaking cute!!! The song was great. We can't wait to see you guys again.
Looks like you guys had fun. Your girls are so cute. Too bad we couldn't go with you this year.
Your girls are so stinking cute!! I love their costumes. Your's and Brian's were hilarious!!
they are so cute...what a fun little halloween week!
julia looks adorable as usual. I love that there were hot air balloons how neat!
The kids look so cute! What an amazing pig costume. Sounds like a great Halloween. The holidays really are more fun with kids.
Little does Julia know how obsessed Bella is with her. Every time the computer is on she asks to watch "JuJu" i.e. her singing this song.
She'd probably watch it 20 times in a row if I let her.
Post a Comment